FJR Mileage Milestones

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was working on the 345678 at my brothers request and decided I could do it a little better!!! I was told a couple of years ago that one FJR was seen with over 400,000 miles on it. !!!!
You guys just keep setting that bar higher n higher...

STOP IT!!

In all seriousness, that's pretty cool Mr Ghost.

I finally turned over 1,000 miles on my '14ES during the worst winter Indiana has had in over 100 years.

I finally turned over 1,000 miles on my '14ES during the worst winter Indiana has had in over 100 years.
Heck Allen, I am here in south Florida (89 today) and we have had a fantastic winter. I have not been riding at all.

Sucks ! going to work every day in beautiful weather just to pay off the riding debt from last year.

And to add insult to injury.. That JamesK will be posting soon about rolling over 200k.
black%20eye.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my mileage as of Oct.10, you can see the odometer it's my picture. Putting this many miles on a year, I always send to the shop during the winter to get work done on it, to make sure it's ready for spring. This year they had to get some last minute things and I got a late start on my riding, late for me that is. After the winter tune-up, I had to replace the throttle cable, The original throttle cable, was replaced because it had 205,000 on it, and the new one I replaced it with lasted only 100,000, and it was frayed and had to be replaced. So if you don't need to change original, might want to think about it before you do. Also the Stator fried at 320,000 miles.
Interesting about the throttle cable. I replaced mine at 170k and only got about 65k on the second one and it needs replacing again.

Better yet it had 4250 miles when I bought it last September. That was around 500 miles/year.

That WILL change now that I own it.

If my wife lets me.

Shame my Transalp doesn't count, clocked over 130,000 miles on it - that would put it up there with the '06s except it looks like the top post hasn't been updated for a while so some work to do yet...

3555 days ago I picked up my brand spankin new 2005 FJR. Today the odometer registered in six digits for the first time. I have to say that this has been a most delightful experience. I've owned a lot of bikes but none even come close to being as perfect a match for my two wheeled desires or needs as this blue beauty.

For many years now when folks ask what my next bike will be, I answer: I can't think of anything I would want to replace this with. Maybe a new one (the '14ES is tempting) but really, there is nothing wrong with my 05. In almost ten years of ownership it has given virtually no trouble. It has taken me all over this country and some parts of beautiful Canuckistan and done everything I've asked of it. Without a single complaint.

I may buy a stable mate someday, but replace my FJR?? Not for a long while.

Now where do I get that '05 100K sticker?

Dang Peter, that's a heckuva lot of riding! Very cool indeed.

What's really impressive is I'm thinking the Mrs rode most of those 175K with you.
smile.png

3555 days ago I picked up my brand spankin new 2005 FJR. Today the odometer registered in six digits for the first time. I have to say that this has been a most delightful experience. I've owned a lot of bikes but none even come close to being as perfect a match for my two wheeled desires or needs as this blue beauty.
For many years now when folks ask what my next bike will be, I answer: I can't think of anything I would want to replace this with. Maybe a new one (the '14ES is tempting) but really, there is nothing wrong with my 05. In almost ten years of ownership it has given virtually no trouble. It has taken me all over this country and some parts of beautiful Canuckistan and done everything I've asked of it. Without a single complaint.

I may buy a stable mate someday, but replace my FJR?? Not for a long while.

Now where do I get that '05 100K sticker?
Where's you picture of the feat? Congrats, good feeling. I'm on number 2 - 05 FJR and feel like you regarding it's greatness. I recently added a stablemate, an FZ09, but still would rather ride the FJR.

You can pick up the 05CLUB (clicky) or here:
100K%2005CLUB.jpg
(copy paste)

Last edited by a moderator: