FJR Mileage Milestones

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Scooter, please kick me up to the 75k club!!!

photo.JPG

you guys in the states do huge milage, down here in new zealand we tend to do a lot less, my mates and i would average only 5000 km per year even though we have some of the best riding on the planet. this is because we have few cars on the roads especially down here in the south island of new zealand and very few cops on the road. i am riding an 06 fjr1300av with only 10000km on the clock this replaces my written off zzr1200 05 model.

you guys in the states do huge milage, down here in new zealand we tend to do a lot less, my mates and i would average only 5000 km per year even though we have some of the best riding on the planet. this is because we have few cars on the roads especially down here in the south island of new zealand and very few cops on the road. i am riding an 06 fjr1300av with only 10000km on the clock this replaces my written off zzr1200 05 model.
???

Great riding + no police = BIG MILES!

Put me at the bottom level, flipped 60,000 on the return from CFO. The bike will be sitting for

a month (Be riding the Dakar) while I get her ready for another ride. 60,000 miles sounds bad, I

know, but considering last May I flipped 20,000- she's headed in the right direction. ;)
Hit 70,000 on the return from the Great Lakes

Well, it's not as much as some of you heavyweights, considering it's an 03, but it's the foist time I ever put 100000 miles on a bike.

Turned this today.

DSC00569.jpg

Finally flipped the next category, broke 75,000 this weekend. Took almost 2-1/2 years to go from 50 to 75. With gas so high I can't afford to do much more than go to work and the grocery store, so any more I get almost 10 miles a day, sometimes!!!!

Finally flipped the next category, broke 75,000 this weekend. Took almost 2-1/2 years to go from 50 to 75. With gas so high I can't afford to do much more than go to work and the grocery store, so any more I get almost 10 miles a day, sometimes!!!!
You need to come down MY way more often! Jes sayin'!

I know it don't count but Wabs just turned 33k..

KrZy8 has been out of service for, what, 4 months now?

Turned over 75,000 miles right after running 12.12 at the dragstrip on Sunday. :yahoo: :yahoo:

Well it feels funny being back on the board but before I sold my 04 2 yrs ago it had just 5 miles under 1000,000 miles and I real regret selling it to buy an Klr 650 because I just did'nt get the fun I had before also after putting almost 2,000.00 more into it my buddy up and sellsa his cause to much vibration he said oh well. I sold my KLR last year so just have the the barcolounger wing and last rally wasa Park City UT.

rogerfjrfaster

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it feels funny being back on the board but before I sold my 04 2 yrs ago it had just 5 miles under 1000,000 miles and I real regret selling it to buy an Klr 650 because I just did'nt get the fun I had before also after putting almost 2,000.00 more into it my buddy up and sellsa his cause to much vibration he said oh well. I sold my KLR last year so just have the the barcolounger wing and last rally wasa Park City UT.

rogerfjrfaster
Wow! SkooterG must be impressed with your 200,000 miles per year, I'd still be fairly impressed if you dropped a zero.

Sorry I missed the thread I was doing no I put 95,000 on over a 5 yr period but the 2,000.00 dollars was for my KLR that I did'nt get back like most try to get what they put into it,nobody will pay that much just blue book but the milage I put on the FJR did'nt get put on the wing but now have 173,000 miles on it so would have had all that on the wing if not having had the FJR.

rogerfjrfaster :clapping: