FJR on gravel and fire roads

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubt riding off pavement now and then has much to do with the requirement to rebuild your forks. Nobody is saying you can ride fast, like on a dirt bike fast, on dirt roads. But moving the forks up and down a bit doesn't cause them to fail as long as you are not maxing them out constantly.

Afterall, that is what they are designed to do.

I doubt riding off pavement now and then has much to do with the requirement to rebuild your forks. Nobody is saying you can ride fast, like on a dirt bike fast, on dirt roads. But moving the forks up and down a bit doesn't cause them to fail as long as you are not maxing them out constantly.
seemed to happen quite a bit.

seemed to happen quite a bit.
Y'all's forks don't got gaiters, don't let mud, silt laden water and pasty clay stick to your fork tubes or you will be working on your fork seals.

Meh, better condition than some of the "Paved" roads I rode that day.

2016-02-08%2010.14.22_zps5jtjfagr.jpg