fjr riders in Idaho

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KhromalusionaL

Reaction score
Guys and gals. Moved to mountain home Idaho and want to know if anyone in the area is riding. I have seen a few fjrs. So I know your out there . Send me a message and we will get together.

Welcome to Idaho!

I'm in the northern part of the State and rarely ride south, but if you need roads/ride suggestions going north I'd be happy to help.

Welcome to Idaho!

I'm in the northern part of the State and rarely ride south, but if you need roads/ride suggestions going north I'd be happy to help.
Where at in Northern Idaho?

I am up in Moscow...

Lots of good roads throughout Idaho.

But I don't have any tips on southern either sorry.

Welcome to the state though :)

I'm out here in Kuna. There's another FJR rider in Mountain home out at the airbase. We'll all have to get together now that the weather is warming up

Moving to Salmon on May 25. Shoot me a message if you want to go ride! There's some great roads in the Salmon area and into Montana.

If you search the forum, you'll get lots of "good road" info. re: Idaho.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to Idaho!

Where at in Northern Idaho?

I am up in Moscow...

Lots of good roads throughout Idaho.

But I don't have any tips on southern either sorry.

Welcome to the state though :)
I'm in Lewiston, I get up to Moscow pretty regularly.

Midlife, I am down there all the time.

I am an instructor for Idaho STAR, my home site is down in Lewiston, I have already taught 7 classes down there this year.

I have another 2 next weekend.

One of my co-workers at WSU also has an FJr, he's riding an '07 though.

Ride safe, Lewiston traffic can be deadly for us riders sometimes.

it any of you riders in North Idaho wanna meet up sometime; I love riding over in your area from Spokane

Let me know,

Thanks,

Gerry.GEG

Old hat, but the ride from Lewiston ID to Missoula MT then South to Salmon, Challis, Mackay; unbeatable. I will be doing that the second week in August. Can't wait. Lolo Pass has THE sign. Warning "Twisty road next 77 miles! Wahoo!

Old hat, but the ride from Lewiston ID to Missoula MT then South to Salmon, Challis, Mackay; unbeatable. I will be doing that the second week in August. Can't wait. Lolo Pass has THE sign. Warning "Twisty road next 77 miles! Wahoo!
Idaho is using 12 over lolo to Missoula as a revenue source.

+1 on the revenue source.

+1 on the revenue source.
Thanks gents for the heads up as we're taking that route to Castlegar. Hell, between not being able exercise the throttle or our legs BC laws we may just have to behave once in a while! :rolleyes:

I am over in Bozeman MT. Do atleast two rides through Idaho a year. We are doing a 3 day-er starting from Missoula next Friday (JUNE 15th) Morning you are welcome to join. There are 3 of us for this trip, planning on camping everynight, but hotels usually sneak in when cheap and convenient. Two of us are experienced road tourers (myself on the FJR, and BMW 1200GS buddy, and a newbie on a KLR who will get a crash course on time management, or he rides by himself next time..) :clapping:

We are heading to missoula to camp Thursday night, then..

Here is our anticiptated route:

Day one Friday june 15

https://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Faq+93%2FLolo+Creek+Rd&daddr=County+Rd+P1%2FSouthwick+Rd%2FWauncher+Gulch+Rd+to:ID-6+to:1st+Ave+to:ID-8+W+to:Unknown+road+to:Main+St&hl=en&geocode=FehzyQIdeD0z-Q%3BFXZqxwIduFYM-Q%3BFZR2zwIdEowO-Q%3BFZL9ygIdxO4P-Q%3BFdQWyQIdlk4K-Q%3BFcoZxQId4SoK-Q%3BFYI-xAIdIrEG-Q&sll=45.392664,-116.677551&sspn=0.987531,2.469177&vpsrc=0&mra=pr&ie=UTF8&t=m&z=8&dirflg=d

Day Two Saturday

https://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=21st+St&daddr=OR-351+S%2FWallowa+Lake+Hwy+to:N+Pine+Rd+to:W+Hopper+Ave+to:S+Main+St+to:Eva+Falls+Ave&hl=en&geocode=FQY9xAIdcrEG-Q%3BFd7fswIdEFAD-Q%3BFZ5GrQIdTHcH-Q%3BFV4cqAIdkqcL-Q%3BFZk2pwId2WIV-Q%3BFeywogIdLEsm-Q&sll=44.566991,-116.194153&sspn=1.001855,2.469177&vpsrc=6&mra=mru&ie=UTF8&ll=44.740881,-115.853577&spn=0.998856,2.469177&t=m&z=9&dirflg=d

Day three Sunday

https://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=ID-75+N&daddr=US-93+N%2FLewis+and+Clark+Trail+to:Jackrabbit+Ln&hl=en&geocode=FXyxogId2E4m-Q%3BFUc7uQIdnkg1-Q%3BFfSKugIdYHRf-Q&sll=45.356005,-112.428589&sspn=1.976345,4.938354&vpsrc=6&mra=mru&ie=UTF8&ll=45.544831,-113.565674&spn=3.939504,9.876709&t=m&z=7&dirflg=d

I am over in Bozeman MT. Do atleast two rides through Idaho a year. We are doing a 3 day-er starting from Missoula on this Friday Morning you are welcome to join. There are 3 of us for this trip, planning on camping everynight, but hotels usually sneak in when cheap and convenient. Two of us are experienced road tourers (myself on the FJR, and BMW 1200GS buddy, and a newbie on a KLR who will get a crash course on time management, or he rides by himself next time..) :clapping:

We are heading to missoula to camp Thursday night, then..

Here is our anticiptated route:

Day one Friday

https://maps.google.c...=m&z=8&dirflg=d

Day Two Saturday

https://maps.google.c...=m&z=9&dirflg=d

Day three Sunday

https://maps.google.c...=m&z=7&dirflg=d
Do you mean you're starting today, June 8, or next Friday, June 15?

The KLR guy is gonna get a "trial by fire" riding with you guys, he'll either love road trips or hate them after this!!

BTW, I saw a lone FJR pass through Salmon yesterday.

my bad, next friday June 15

KLR guy is has adventure touring and camping experience, so we are expecting he MIGHT be ok..

(Although, funny story, my first attempt to ride with him was quick one day ride from Bozeman through beartooth pass on a sunday. He got a flat, had NADA with him to deal with it. So I pumped him back up, turned around 11 miles back to cooke city, and looked for a shop. NOTHING OPEN. Bummed can of fix a flat from a drunk harly dude. but it did not work. DAMN TUBED TIRES. So he rode bitch on back of the FJR all the way back to Bozeman. He weighs more than my wife. This was annoying. Thanks for reminding me..)

Latest posts