FJR Tech Day IV

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Tom.. The "head" over the shoulder wasn't bad....

That attempt at the finger in me butt??????????

Bothersome.

Next time warn me ok?

Steve - 6,573. Good portion was run 2-up fully loaded (EOM and back). The first 1k they were abused pretty good while chasing WheatonFJR around SE Ohio. Overall, I'm pleased with the mileage for the level grip they offer. New set mounted today, ready for SE Ohio next weekend, and N. Georgia the weekend after.

How much mileage Wayne?

Ray was not convinced at first since he doubted the existence of FJR Fairies until I reminded him of Beemerdons.
DAMN it... You owe me a keyboard and a cup of coffee...

How the hell that 'floating" positive lead ever allowed that bike to crank is nothing short of amazing..
Yeah, I'm still in awe of how that one went. My level of mechanical ineptness has reached a new low.

The PR2 fells damned good btw Andy..
Good! The handling on my bike is night (dump truck) and day (FJR-nimble). Now I'm looking forward to SE Ohio this weekend...

Damn that Bust. My rather handy Snap-On screwdriver did not make the trip home with me. I sent an e-mail to Bust & Ray to check their toolboxes and see if I had inadvertently left it behind. There was no sense including Andy in the e-mail list since I see no sense in Andy owning a toolbox.

Apparently it is not only Ray and sheep that Bust goes after ...

Bill,

After a thorough investigation of the facts, it seems your screwdriver got skeered of being attacked from the rear by Bust and it had jumped into my yellow toolbox to avoid being seen. I was not so lucky. So, it does reside in Canada and will not be further abused while here................Ray.
I can see why my screwdriver was afraid ...

ohyeah.png

By the way, I have not seen any other photos from Tech Day IV. I didn't think things got that far out of hand.

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, I have not seen any other photos from Tech Day IV. I didn't think things got that far out of hand.

I took plenty of pictures, at least during the day before I started sampling marshmallow vodka and mint juleps with Pam.... I'll make sure Andy posts some photos later

- Susie

Finally got around to uploading Sooze's pictures, so here we go...

We had stopped for a bite to eat at Wendy's and my bike decided it didn't wanna start so I had to tear into the thing.

FoodShow-TechDay2012033.jpg

Good thing huron52 wasn't with us - this is at a house down the road from my friend's place in Milford.

FoodShow-TechDay2012045.jpg

Arriving at Bust's place.

FoodShow-TechDay2012048.jpg

We had a few attendees this go-round.

FoodShow-TechDay2012049.jpg

Somebody said they needed a light. This is what they got.

FoodShow-TechDay2012051.jpg

Only at Bust's place would you find busts.

FoodShow-TechDay2012052.jpg

Rayzerman's bike (background) and yamafitter's bike (foreground).

FoodShow-TechDay2012053.jpg

Must be Italian.

FoodShow-TechDay2012054.jpg

No - you're supposed to do that from the OTHER end. Or something. OK - I have no idea.

FoodShow-TechDay2012055.jpg

Left-ro-right: me, huron52 (taking a drink), crumpadump, Bust, and griff.

FoodShow-TechDay2012056.jpg

The pups kept us safe.

FoodShow-TechDay2012057.jpg

Yamafitter brought his NoMar and swapped front tires for me and Bust - thanks again!

FoodShow-TechDay2012058.jpg

Luckily he's done this a few times and had it down to a science.

FoodShow-TechDay2012059.jpg

I didn't consider huron52 as an ass man... To each their own, I guess.

FoodShow-TechDay2012060.jpg

The last time my bike looked like this, we had broken a valve in one of the forks. Everything went fine this time around, thank heavens.

FoodShow-TechDay2012061.jpg

No jack stands for the tire balancer? Puh-leez. That's easy to improvise around.

FoodShow-TechDay2012062.jpg

Huron52 and Rayzerman.

FoodShow-TechDay2012063.jpg

Extrememarine, Pam (the better half of huron52), and crumpadump, who is new to FJRs.

FoodShow-TechDay2012064.jpg

Me working on something. Be afraid...

FoodShow-TechDay2012065.jpg

After putting the front wheel back on it was time to pump the front brakes. For good measure, I pumped the clutch first, THEN the brakes. I thought I had gotten away with it but extrememarine busted me on it.

FoodShow-TechDay2012066.jpg

It was prom night for Bust's daughter. I wouldn't mess with her - I'm pretty sure she could kick my ass.

FoodShow-TechDay2012074.jpg

The bulb in one of my FF50's was wonky so I went ahead and straightened that out.

FoodShow-TechDay2012076.jpg

New rubber. Sweet, tasty, new rubber.

FoodShow-TechDay2012077.jpg

One of yamafitter's headlights was out so I gave him the spare I've been carrying around in my tank bag for the last year. So that means I'll probably lose a headlight when I am the absolute farthest from an auto parts store. It's a helluva lot easier to change headlight bulbs on a GenI. Damn...

FoodShow-TechDay2012078.jpg

Larry, Curly and Moe. AKA, Rayzerman, Bust, and me.

FoodShow-TechDay2012079.jpg

In case ya didn't know, 'fitter is from Da Great White Nort. And he loves his Timmie's.

FoodShow-TechDay2012087.jpg

I brought a door(k) prize. There weren't any door(k) prizes, so I gave it to Bust as a boob prize.

FoodShow-TechDay2012088.jpg

Hopefully Dolly passes.

FoodShow-TechDay2012089.jpg

And, of course, the requisite group shots.

Left-to-right: Pam's arm, Rayzerman, huron52, MizzBust, extrememarine, BustanutJoker, crumpadump, yamafitter, griff, me, and Sooze.

FoodShow-TechDay2012080.jpg

FoodShow-TechDay2012083.jpg

It was a good time as always. Lots of earnest work was done on the bikes, we drank a wee spot of beer (and, thanks to crumpadump - mint julips!), and had some yummy grub - BBQ (Pam - was that you who whipped that up? things're kinda foggy from that time), and to extrememarine's daughter <who is in culinary school!> for the meatballs!).

See youz guyz in the fall for Tech Day V!

I was talking to my sister-in-law last night on Skype and she told me she dropped in on the video feed from Owosso. She said all she saw was a screen full of Bust's ass and it was boring.
laugh.gif

I was talking to my sister-in-law last night on Skype and she told me she dropped in on the video feed from Owosso. She said all she saw was a screen full of Bust's ass and it was boring.
laugh.gif
Brother Bill it is just a damn shame your Sister did not seen a frontal view of Bust, she would have found that hilarious. "Just like a human penis, only so much smaller!!!"

Yeah Don. My son had one just like mine .........

When he was 3 months old :huh:

Hey at least I kept my pants on this time!