FJR Tech Day IV

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I just saw that, not only is Saturday a full moon, it's a "supermoon" - set to be the biggest full moon of 2012.

Man oh man if THAT isn't an omen then I don't know what is.
Just fecking great, this means I'll be getting a midnight phone call from a rabid pack of drunken Zombie-Vampire-Werewolf Bastards this coming Saturday night. For joy, as much fun as hearing RadioHowie talk about his hemorrhoids and bowel movements!
Hmm... Wonder if there's a way to conference in you and 'Howie so you old feckers can talk about old fecker stuff while we make fun of you...

And I just saw that, not only is Saturday a full moon, it's a "supermoon" - set to be the biggest full moon of 2012.

Just fecking great, this means I'll be getting a midnight phone call from a rabid pack of drunken Zombie-Vampire-Werewolf Bastards this coming Saturday night. For joy, as much fun as hearing RadioHowie talk about his hemorrhoids and bowel movements!
Hmm... Wonder if there's a way to conference in you and 'Howie so you old feckers can talk about old fecker stuff while we make fun of you...
I'm game for that Andy, as long as Steve-O and I do not have to discuss this pic! Was this a train wreck or a plane crash?

CA04301222423277-L.jpg

I'm game for that Andy, as long as Steve-O and I do not have to discuss this pic! Was this a train wreck or a plane crash?

CA04301222423277-L.jpg
Oh Canada...

There's a couple of us meeting at the Sunoco station at the corner of Woodward and Square Lake Rd at 10am Saturday. That's a little east for you, but we could easily pick you up along I-75 somewhere around Holly if your interested.

Jeff & Bill assisted with my valve check back in February. It went pretty smooth, everything within spec. We did Bill's '06 after that - rather Bill did the check and I helped put it back together afterwards. There will definitely be a good knowledge base there to soak up.

Wayne

I have been a member here for almost a year, but haven't met anybody from this forum in person yet. I think this will be a good opportunity to meet some of you folks. I hope to have some time off in the afternoon to make it to Owosso.

I don't really have any major service due for my '08, so I'll mostly be there to meet people and learn stuff. I'm especially interested in learning how to check and adjust the valves, if somebody is planning to get it done for their bike.

I can bring a service manual (2008) if required. BTW I'm located about 50 miles away in Milford. Bustanut - can you please PM me the address?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bill taught us not to pry on the coolant tube... :dribble: I think Ray is planning on doing his so ya might wanna get here early morning idealistix.. ;)

well folks i'll be heading up Saturday hoping to be there by 10 am and the Comstock has a bed for me so i'm set.

Looking forward to meeting everyone. Other than alcohol and parts do i need to bring anything else?

Bill taught us not to pry on the coolant tube... :dribble: I think Ray is planning on doing his so ya might wanna get here early morning idealistix.. ;)
Gotta stick my hand up here... 'twas me who made the mistake of prying on the coolant tube....... my bad!!
Just be very careful on Saturday Ray Bro', you know full well what happened at the last Owosso FJR Tech Day! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

BustRayYzerman_edited-1.jpg

It looks like my plans may have to change. I was out 2 days this week due to illness, and apparently a few deadlines moved up while I was out. I'll be putting in a long night tonight, and we'll see where I get to. But if its not far enough, I'll have to cancel this weekend in order to make sure the Ohio Ramble happens the following weekend.

Maybe a miracle will happen and I can still make it. Maybe I'll swing out Saturday just to say hi. I'm not sure. But I don't want to hold a spot up at the inn, when someone that can be more committed could use it. So consider my spot open. I'll keep you posted on what will happen, but right now it doesn't look good.

Bike, tire changer & tools are all packed in the trailer. I'm going to be heading out in a couple of hours to head over to Ray's to load up his bike and drink his beer. The 'A' Plan then has us head out in the mid-morning for the trip to Owosso. With the obligatory stops at tim Horton's and the Duty-Free we should roll into beautiful downtown Owosso sometime late afternoon and stake out the primo spots in the garage. It will then be time for a Search & Destroy mission since intel tells us that Bust has some fine single malt Scotch in hiding.

BikerGeek has the secret access codes to the Bust's Evil Lair Master Computer so we may have to wait till the Geek's arrival to get this shindig streaming live on the Internet. If I can gain access we may broadcast a Not-For-Prime-Time version on Friday night.

Bike, tire changer & tools are all packed in the trailer. I'm going to be heading out in a couple of hours to head over to Ray's to load up his bike and drink his beer.
Sounds good. We're going to head out after work tomorrow and stay at my friend's place in Milford tomorrow night. We'll be at Bust's Saturday morning.

Gotta stick my hand up here... 'twas me who made the mistake of prying on the coolant tube....... my bad!!
Just be very careful on Saturday Ray Bro', you know full well what happened at the last Owosso FJR Tech Day! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!
Thanks, Brother Don. I'm keeping an extra eye out this time around, hell I'm not even going to sleep in the car while Bill's driving!! Who knows why I'm even going at all, but the Geek told me there would be door prizes....... hopefully no more back door surprises!!!

Anyway, will see y'all on Friday and you can watch me tear into a full blown valve check...........

It sounds like you guys have the entire day to kill. So to help fill in the time, I think I'll call my buddy that works the bridge - Can you say "cavity search on lane 3." Have a nice trip..

Bike, tire changer & tools are all packed in the trailer. I'm going to be heading out in a couple of hours to head over to Ray's to load up his bike and drink his beer. The 'A' Plan then has us head out in the mid-morning for the trip to Owosso. With the obligatory stops at tim Horton's and the Duty-Free we should roll into beautiful downtown Owosso sometime late afternoon and stake out the primo spots in the garage. It will then be time for a Search & Destroy mission since intel tells us that Bust has some fine single malt Scotch in hiding.

BikerGeek has the secret access codes to the Bust's Evil Lair Master Computer so we may have to wait till the Geek's arrival to get this shindig streaming live on the Internet. If I can gain access we may broadcast a Not-For-Prime-Time version on Friday night.

Wow, is that this weekend already? I may not make it even for moral support...I'm certainly not letting you guys touch my bike.

It sounds like you guys have the entire day to kill. So to help fill in the time, I think I'll call my buddy that works the bridge - Can you say "cavity search on lane 3." Have a nice trip..

No Worries Wayne, I called 1-866-289-9673 TSA Hotline Number yesterday and then I scanned the picture below and mailed it to https://www.tsa.gov SAY CAVITY, Bill!

CA04301222423277-L.jpg