FJR1300 Adventure series 1.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About 600kms of dirt later...

SAM_2524_zps44100b28.jpg

A tow truck operator is never really off duty,

SAM_2543_zpsb53f9d2c.jpg

Cartwright for lunch

SAM_2531_zpsf51cf31f.jpg

In Happy Valley / Goose bay tonight.

SAM_2549_zps33172d6e.jpg

Jeff being Jeff

SAM_2523_zps7fb87efc.jpg

I think the Canadians are showing who are the REAL gravel riders. They are doing this one purpose...I just do it when I have no fecking clue where I am going.

Ride on, eh!

When 90% of the roads in your country are gravel.....
Of the 4.09 million miles of road in the US, about 2.65 million miles are paved, which includes most roads in urban areas. However, 1.42 million miles or more than one-third of all road miles in the U.S. are still unpaved gravel or dirt roads. Still a bunch of fun to be had out there.

Thanks for keeping us posted on the FJR Dual Sport ride.

Last edited by a moderator:
The FJR should not handle as well as the KLR. I am guessing it might have a lot to do with the rider!! Testament to you riding the beast!! ...
Since I'm the guy on the KLR, I can say with absolute certainty that it has EVERYTHING to do with the rider! The KLR is a better bike than it shows with me at the controls. That being said, the FJRs have performed remarkably well, and now that we've hit pavement it turns out the TKC80 is a pretty decent street tire too.

Griff

The FJR should not handle as well as the KLR. I am guessing it might have a lot to do with the rider!! Testament to you riding the beast!! ...
Since I'm the guy on the KLR, I can say with absolute certainty that it has EVERYTHING to do with the rider! The KLR is a better bike than it shows with me at the controls. That being said, the FJRs have performed remarkably well, and now that we've hit pavement it turns out the TKC80 is a pretty decent street tire too.

Griff
Dirt roads as far as the eye can see.

SAM_2535_zps7dc58a6a.jpg

SAM_2537_zps680a37ab.jpg

Maybe I should look into those tkcs. That said LA to Prudhoe in eight days on my '05 with PR4s worked out ok. Only a few pucker moments: deep loose gravel in a construction zone and southbound on the Dalton after it had rained overnight turning construction hard pack to soft mud.

deadhorse_zps119d183e.png

Maybe I should look into those tkcs. That said LA to Prudhoe in eight days on my '05 with PR4s worked out ok. Only a few pucker moments: deep loose gravel in a construction zone and southbound on the Dalton after it had rained overnight turning construction hard pack to soft mud.
Start another RR thread and please tell us more!

--G

Start another RR thread and please tell us more!

--G
+1, Gunny; Papa Chuy Viejo is 100% with Gorgeous George, I'd also like to see and hear more about your LA to Prudhoe Bay Run! jes' sayin' and nuff said, ese!