• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FJRandy's plug 'n' play horn harness UPDATE!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRandy

Reaction score
[4/22/2014] To those interested, I'm still making the custom horn harness. Please contact me at motolight-@-msnDOTcom. (remove dashes) Cost is $45 shipped via priority mail the US. I use Paypal for payment. Settled in to the new place (again) , and all is well.

FJRhornharness3.jpg
[/img]

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have any links, photo's or informaiton on your product you could post here. I would like to know more? I know I could search but it might help others if it was all in one place.

Hey Randy. I know I'm jumping in at the tail end of your anticipated window, but I've just emailed you per your update. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :unsure:

Even if I've missed it, thanks for all of the great info you have shared on the forum.

Not to "dis " FJRandy.. But you can find horn relay's and other stuff at Eastern Beaver. I have bought a headlight relay from there for my Vmax. Excellent quality. Also MCN (Motorcycle Consumer News) did a writeup on them this month and gave them a thumbs up.

Not to "dis " FJRandy.. But you can find horn relay's and other stuff at Eastern Beaver. I have bought a headlight relay from there for my Vmax. Excellent quality. Also MCN (Motorcycle Consumer News) did a writeup on them this month and gave them a thumbs up.
Right, but for the price, it's already assembled, comes with great installation instructions (with pics) and all you have to do is connect it. Saves you the time/cost of finding the stuff, buying rolls of wire you may never use again, a bunch of connectors, etc etc etc.

It's really order, wait, plug-n-play-go-ride. Not, order, wait, assemble, test, install, ride. :)

Eastern Beaver are easy to work with. I built the Brodie Ignition Switch Fix using parts from there. The horn-relay I could have built, but it was too cheap to pass up..

Plus Randy use's a better quality relay. It's amazing to me when I know a board member goes out of their way to take better care of us measly FJR riders. There are some really great guys here that have stepped up above and beyond what a regular business would do to make sure we're taken care of and that is special. Thanks Randy and all the other folks who have made our lives alot easier........ ;) PM. <>< :D

Plus Randy use's a better quality relay. It's amazing to me when I know a board member goes out of their way to take better care of us measly FJR riders. There are some really great guys here that have stepped up above and beyond what a regular business would do to make sure we're taken care of and that is special. Thanks Randy and all the other folks who have made our lives alot easier........ ;) PM. <>< :D

+1 :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

And I can say that the relay I bought fom Randy earlier this month worked most excellently and my freeway blasters are awesome :clapping: -- looking for a gray haired lady I can scare back into her lane just so I can use it!

No kidding, much thanks here.

I now have my relay installed on the bike. Seems I forgot about it after buying it about 7-8 months ago. Was tripping a fuse. Seems running 4 years on the stock wires was no longer working properly.

Finally took it to dealer to find the problem. They called me & said "we found the problem & will need to install a relay for the horn. I tell him that I already have one & will bring it to them. So, the harness fixed my problem.

the service manager says "you paid what for this? You got a hell of a deal"

& on top of that, Randy has supported EOM's gift give-away for several years.

Thanks man!

As I stated in another thread: FJRandy's harness is the "shizzle". It took me nearly two years to install, but hey, no worries when I did.

FJRandy's harness with two Magnum Blasters..... hahahahahahaahhahahahaahaheheheheheheheheheheheheheeh........... :yahoo:

As I stated in another thread: FJRandy's harness is the "shizzle". It took me nearly two years to install, but hey, no worries when I did.
FJRandy's harness with two Magnum Blasters..... hahahahahahaahhahahahaahaheheheheheheheheheheheheheeh........... :yahoo:

Stop, I'm blushing. :p

I owe my whole setup to Randy - was having a hell of a time trying to get the job done and I just have this thing about cutting into motorcycle parts. If anyone has ever gone out of their way, it's Randy. He took the time out of his schedule to help me install them. Sure, it was fun to meet a forum member and shoot the breeze, but beyond making the harness, he didn't HAVE to help me install it. I can't agree more, that the harness more than pays for itself when considering having to go out and purchase everything separately then trying to put it together yourself both in money and in grief and aggravation. At least it is for those like me, who if technology was left to, you'd still be cooking over an open flame!

Thanks again, Randy! Sorry stuff turned south on ya. Won't comment any further on personal issues, but wishing you and your daughter the best.

CJ