Forum Zonies ride with Jim - Fontanaman on Friday 11/16

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart
Reaction score
Fontanaman - Jim is coming down from the Soggy Specific Northwet to ride with We Zonies, I told Jim to leave that damn rain up in the PNW with Niehart, Panman and Gorgeous George. We'll depart from the Goldfield Chevron Station in Apache Junction, Arizona at 0800 hours; we'll make a group decision as to where we have our breakfast. Papa Chuy needs to be back in Chandler to get Son Seth off of his School Bus at 1440 hours, so we are probably looking at the Superior-Kearny-Winkelman-Globe Loop.

240 mile easy breakfast ride this Friday, November 16. Meet at Goldfield Rd, just south of US 60, Chevron station. Kickstands up 8am. We will be back in Chandler by 2:40 pm. If anyone has any questions, contact Don Stanley at either [email protected] or 480-440-4666.

Directions from Glendale or North Phoenix: Take Loop 101 around to the East & then south to Loop 202. Take 202 east, the Red Mountain Freeway, all the way to the US 60, The Superstition Freeway. Take 60 east for about 8 miles towards the Superstition Mountains and exit at Goldfield Road (exit is after Idaho & Tomahawk). Chevron is on the SE corner of 60 & Goldfield.

Last edited by a moderator:
I woke up to a foot of white stuff yesterday and spent the morning pushing it around with the tractor :)

In of course. Many thanks to Don for setting this up.

Carver don't even think about rain. You are evil to mention it.
smile.gif
We don't need no steeenking rain on this little parade Don has so kindly set up.

In 2008 I rented a BMW 1200RT from a shop in Scottsdale and road 525 miles in one day. Never have I road a stock bike in complete comfort 500+ miles. Stock seat even. Amazing.

Somewhere on a forum, I don't remember where, a fellow was lamenting his RT would be perfect if he could insert a FJR engine. Now there is a project for Ray this winter.

Snowed in your hood today eh George? I rode 250 miles today- no studs and no snow. Sorry you could not join us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Snowed in your hood today eh George? I rode 250 miles today- no studs and no snow. Sorry you could not join us.
Light dusting, although when I got up at 7ish it looked like a freakin winter wonderland, roads included...

Job is sucking the life out of me right now. Between on-call and projects there's little time for anything else. Can't wait for summer of '13!!

Have fun on your AZ visit. Have Don take you to BHC if you have time and visit my old stomping grounds. ;)

--G

Mick and Doug, I am rather surprised that Niehart is not coming to this!
Niehart was riding to George's on the day it was white and cold at George house - that would be last Saturday. On his way he hit a large puddle, common here on the roads in the Specfic Northwet. Niehart got soaked to the bone - no rain gear could have kept any rider dry. When he arrived at George's he didn't have a change of clothes and froze. He now has a cold.
wink.gif