Frank won't quit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coming up on 22k on my 05..Earl changes, final drive changes, tires, and that's it. Max RPM, low grunt torque pulls, clutchless shifts, peg scraping, and the occasional front end lift.
Not a single complaint, or hiccup.

05's rule!
5500 miles per year average??? y'are nutz or stoned or both :yahoo: :assassin: :blink:

What is the itch you want to scratch? A new FJR just isn't that much different from the one ya got.

Wait, I know what it is, you are jonesin' for one of these:
thumbpink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not put Frank out in front of your house with a free sign on it,and see if there are any takers..... :unsure:

Couple days before you do that Rad, want to email me your home address, and be sure to leave the key in the switch. Won't want to hurt Frank cutting wires or something.

He's got Zook to keep him company, Franks never lonely. Been debatin' getting rid of skoots altogether and building another hot rod too, but don't know that I wanna do it so bad I haven't got anything to ride. Honestly, I think Franks safe, for a while at least.

Whatcha got to do, Rad, is piss ol' Frank off.Go ooogle a newer Frankette bike while Frank is watching.

Stoke Frankette's gas tank lovingly.

Speak soft warm words of lust, not love.

Frank will then leave you stranded when you're fartherst away from home in the dark of night under a full foggy monsoon night. Guranteed!

:lol:
Very true RadM. :lol:

I know where there is a great hot rod project for cheap. Think 63-1/2 Galaxie with a brand new side oiler 427 :clapping:

Coming up on 22k on my 05..Earl changes, final drive changes, tires, and that's it. Max RPM, low grunt torque pulls, clutchless shifts, peg scraping, and the occasional front end lift.
Not a single complaint, or hiccup.

05's rule!
5500 miles per year average??? y'are nutz or stoned or both :yahoo: :assassin: :blink:

I know, I know..it is sad.

I used to ride 10k or more a year (on my bandit) ...but then I had a 3 day work week. Now I work a lot more, travel a lot more, and work from home when not on the road.

I am limited to mostly weekends, and haven't done my usual 4k week long MC Vacation in a couple years.

I'll make a honest and sincere effort to put on more miles, as soon as possible :)

I know where there is a great hot rod project for cheap. Think 63-1/2 Galaxie with a brand new side oiler 427 :clapping:
Define cheap.
As far as I know he has around 4k in the engine. It is all new and ready to be assembled. The car is a two owner and needs a complete make over. Can be had for whats in the engine. Let me know if you want more info. I belive the original 352 and all the stock stuff goes with it.

Us Gen I owners need to stick together! ;)

I see no reason to part with my 05, As it still does everything i ask it to do, And the fact that Yamaha still has not changed the FJR enough for me to get envious of the newer ones. Maybe 2011 is the year that Yamaha dazzles me and gives that burning desire to blow more money like 2005 did! :yahoo:

Code:
I think I am going to cry. Sounded like reading an obituary for an old friend. Old reliable friends are hard to come by, hell for Radman and myself ANY friends are hard to come by. Don't do it man, Frank deserves better. Get Frank a companion bike. Then let Frank spend a few years mentoring the new bike on what it takes to go the distance. I am sure Frank would appreciate the opportunity to pass his knowledge on to a new young buck in the garage. Then when Frank can no longer get around you can put him up on a stand, put a TV in the garage, get him a few cans of fresh oil to suck on while he just watches the Speed Channel and remembers the good ole days.
He has earned it.
I'm sitting here reading this with tears streaming down my face from laughing. I was thinking of a suitable reply to Radman till I came upon Newtons reply. I can't top that. Gotta love the humour. :lol:

Bring him to CFO, and we'll all take turns abusing him. If that don't work, we can always push him into the mighty Mississippi.

Bring him to CFO, and we'll all take turns abusing him.
Ooh, a bike to practice a little stunt riding on!

If that don't work, we can always push him into the mighty Mississippi.
Seriously, though, a friend of mine had that happen to an astro...Only instead of pushing it in, it was more a slow roll down a boat ramp while the guy who was 'driving' jumped out screaming that the brakes had just gone out.

And, as usual, I missed the going in part and was only there for the cleanup. That van smelled like dead fish for years. Actually, I'd be willing to bet that it still smells like dead fish, sitting somewhere in a junk yard...

Define cheap.
Sit on one of these at a Honda showroom and yool be glad to remount a real cycle again. See Red>>>

deauville_05_red_600x450.jpg

It's $9,999.00 - the other dollar is yours.

When/if I buy a musclecar or what have you for restoration or a build, mechanical condition is incidental, body and frame everything. 90% of the cars out there have "rebuilt engine/trans/rear end" which I don't trust for a sec-and besides those are my forte. A bad body is a cash hole, a bad frame is a junker. A rusty unibody is a car waiting to fold under power. I had to do $2000 worth of subframe and springbox work on my Dart to get it to hold up with a 450hp stroked 400, and that was with a Arizona underbody to start with. I absolutely will not take on a bad body project-one already done is fine, especially those in primer just done and being sold sans drivetrain for financial/time/health reasons.