Frazier Park, Cerro Noroeste and the famous "33"

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FYI - You'll really be missing some fine roads if you take the I5 north from the Castaic exit to Frazier Park instead of:

North to Lake Hughes on Lake Hughes Rd. (23 mi) There's a neat resturant there that's a motorcycle destination (The Rock Inn ).

West on Pine Canyon Road to Three Points. (10-12 mi)

Left on Old Ridge Road to Hwy 138 (6 mi)

Left (west) on 138 to Gorman Post Rd (1.2 mi)

Right off 138 onto Gorman Post Rd. to Gorman (3.6 mi)

Cross the I5 overpass to Peace Valley Rd. Right on Peace Valley Rd to Frazier Park (Flying J).

---------------------------------------------------

Keeps you off of the slab and on some great curvy back roads. May have to join in for this section too.

Easy Google Map routing, I just am unable to paste to here. Check it out!

Last edited by a moderator:
First off, I have to say thanks to all the people with routing suggestions. I also like the Rock Inn. Maybe we can do the Lake Hughes, Rock Inn, to Crest in December. Also, for all those whiners down South, next month will be a ride to Laguna Mountain. Stay tuned.

The main point is not to take a certain road over another, or a favorite restaurant but for the SoCal crew to ride together similar to the fine example of the NorCal group. I want to continue the social networking started at WFO. What we really need to someone to host a November or December BBQ at their house. Anybody?

Yep, and it makes it tons easier when folks running the ride, like the fine TWN did in July, stop off at each major turn, wisecracker... :fuck: :lol: :D B)

I already gave my mea-culpas for stopping to take photos and then not knowing where everyone disappeared to... but if you'd prefer me not to go, my "whining" butt will take the hint and go home :blink:

(beguns strumming "Kum-bay-ya" on the guitar...)

I can host a cookout here in SD one of those months. The clubhouse and two-grills-by-the-pool facilities here are available for reservation...

Hey Barry? Who ever leads over 33 make sure they watch for gravel in the corners. It's been on the sloppy side the last few months and with all of the fire equipment coming in off the fire roads, I suspect there will be more...

but if you'd prefer me not to go, my "whining" butt will take the hint and go home :blink: (beguns strumming "Kum-bay-ya" on the guitar...)I can host a cookout here in SD one of those months. The clubhouse and two-grills-by-the-pool facilities here are available for reservation...
Ray, why do you think I am talking about you? I did not mention any names, did I? HaHa. Good on you for having the BBQ and being a regular on these rides.
Hey Barry? Who ever leads over 33 make sure they watch for gravel in the corners. It's been on the sloppy side the last few months and with all of the fire equipment coming in off the fire roads, I suspect there will be more...
Point duely noted.

That's one of my regular rides, I'll have to dust the old brick off and join you kids. Haven't been on a decent ride since the morrow bay run.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

First off, I have to say thanks to all the people with routing suggestions. I also like the Rock Inn. Maybe we can do the Lake Hughes, Rock Inn, to Crest in December. Also, for all those whiners down South, next month will be a ride to Laguna Mountain. Stay tuned.
The main point is not to take a certain road over another, or a favorite restaurant but for the SoCal crew to ride together similar to the fine example of the NorCal group. I want to continue the social networking started at WFO. What we really need to someone to host a November or December BBQ at their house. Anybody?

Opps, sorry about my last post with nothing on it! And sorry for not attending WFO 6 (I had a busy summer travelling to work here and there. <_< I can sponsor a BBQ at my place in SLO county in December. How does Carnitas sound to all o' ya'll? :huh:

Opps, sorry about my last post with nothing on it! And sorry for not attending WFO 6 (I had a busy summer travelling to work here and there. <_< I can sponsor a BBQ at my place in SLO county in December. How does Carnitas sound to all o' ya'll? :huh:
KJ, thanks. For those of you who do not know KJ, you are in for a real treat. He is a art professor that know how to ride (and drink). I look forward to a get together at KJ's casa. KJ, mind if I camp, just in case things go like they did at Fairview campround at Lake Elizabeth?

I look forward to a get together at KJ's casa. KJ, mind if I camp, just in case things go like they did at Fairview campround at Lake Elizabeth?

Barry, you are welcome to camp at my digs in December! I'll let you know the date a little later! :assassin:

Barry,

How much can you tell us about the Laguna Mt. ride next month ???

It looks like I can make the "33 ride" on the 29th. If you have a

route for the new Zumo send it on over to me so I can test the beast.

It's an easy route to build but I would like to check it with mine.

If this was a vote on the December BBQ..........I would vote for

roasted Carnitas.

WW"S FJR

LARRY

but for the SoCal crew to ride together similar to the fine example of the NorCal group. I want to continue the social networking started at WFO. What we really need to someone to host a November or December BBQ at their house. Anybody?
Barry,

I can offer up my pad, it can hold a lot of people and is centrally located right off the 405, 605 & 22 fwys.

My kitchen

kitchenr2.jpg

but for the SoCal crew to ride together similar to the fine example of the NorCal group. I want to continue the social networking started at WFO. What we really need to someone to host a November or December BBQ at their house. Anybody?
Barry,

I can offer up my pad, it can hold a lot of people and is centrally located right off the 405, 605 & 22 fwys.

My kitchen

kitchenr2.jpg

Forget the FJR get together- I am moving in! There is wine in that nice frig, right? LOL.

John,

Since it's just a matter of moments until someone asks...........

Who does all the cleaning on those windows ???

Thats a seriously nice kitchen..........I'm not showing it to my wife.

WW'sFJR

Larry

Barry, Yes there is a small wine cooler, the wines all yours but you might have to fight my wife for it. We do have a guest room, so if you move in she will have somebody to drink with, so that is a plus!

Larry, Window cleaning? That really impacts my riding time, so it is hired out, with the exception of the 40 foot skylight which you can walk on and needs to be cleaned more frequently. I have been looking for a cleaning crew consisting of younger Swedish women who wear skirts with no underwear. I would be happy to supervise from below. Then it would be likely that I would have the windows cleaned quite often.

Dan, Sunblock 30 is recommended, how do you think George Hamilton keeps his year round tan?

So back to working out, I just spoke to a buddy who does ultra running. I had never heard of it before, but I think I am going to have to give it a try.

Ultra running - 30, 50 & 100 mile runs through the woods and mountains.

It kind of sounds like Long Distance Motorcycle riding, only without the bike.

EDIT - now let's get this thread back to Barry's ride? I just realized I contributed to a complete hijack, which I've grown to hate, so my earlier comments are now in the either void..

..and none of ya'll saw the earlier comments, did ya? :unsure:

Barry's got a great ride scheduled for the 29th..........so I'm planning to go.

I just got overwhelmed with them Carnitas in SLO and that kitchen.........I got hungry.

The Swedish window cleaning girls contributed to my lack of concentration

I tell Ya.........I was bedazelled(Elizabeth Hurley).

WW'sFJR

Barry's got a great ride scheduled for the 29th..........so I'm planning to go.
I just got overwhelmed with them Carnitas in SLO and that kitchen.........I got hungry.

The Swedish window cleaning girls contributed to my lack of concentration

I tell Ya.........I was bedazelled(Elizabeth Hurley).

WW'sFJR
I think I may need to send Barabus a custom Yamaha hot wire kit, provided, free of charge, by Carver Enterprises Hot Bikes, LLC. It consists of two wire nuts, a made in China wire stripper, a imatation Swiss army knife (to cut the loom with) and instructions written in Spanglish.. :rolleyes: