FREE Parks Canada Pass for 2017

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered with a passing thought. Always wanted to get up to Nova Scotia et al. Wondering if the middle of August might be a good time and then hit Stowe and NERDS on the way back down? Now that's over eight months away and I have trouble planning even eight weeks away, and a lot could change between now and then. Yet if another rider or two sees potential here and it started to get kicked around some - who knows?

I never did get my email notification but the pass arrived in the mail yesterday. Good-to-go for 2017.

The pass is just a paperboard tag to hang from a car rearview mirror. I think I will get mine plastic coated to hold up to the motorcycle environment a little better.

I suspect that the free pass is more a matter of promotion than a required item. I doubt that they will be charging admission into any of the Parks Canada sites for 2017. Fees for camping and other services will still apply.

Edit: When I first looked at the pass, it appeared to be made from some sort of paper. Upon closer examination, it seems to be some sort of plastic. Lamination might make it stronger but might just melt it instead. Think I will leave it alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my pass last week. Sweet!

Now I gotta start planning how to take advantage of it and which ones to hit.

Still watching for mine, hope it shows up. Of places I can think of that charge for entry, I would highly recommend riding into the town of Waterton for a relaxing lunch stop on a warm summer day. That presumes you enjoy excellent food, cold beer, and lots of girls in bikinis wandering around a little town on the shores of a gorgeous lake in the mountains.

https://www.pc.gc.ca/eng/pn-np/ab/waterton/index.aspx

Mine took a while too Fred. You'll get it. Sometimes, er most of time the wheels of government turn slowly.

Last edited by a moderator: