Free Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GWing

Reaction score
:clapping: Gents, I've got an idea. I'm in San Diego and am looking for an FJR to test ride. There aren't any rentals available locally and the dealers want my first born. I know its a lot to ask but hey, you just never know. :pardon: I've got a KTM950Adv and a Goldwing that I'd be willing to swap for a one/maybe two hour test ride. :meeting: what say you'se, any interest???

:clapping: Gents, I've got an idea. I'm in San Diego and am looking for an FJR to test ride. There aren't any rentals available locally and the dealers want my first born. I know its a lot to ask but hey, you just never know. :pardon: I've got a KTM950Adv and a Goldwing that I'd be willing to swap for a one/maybe two hour test ride. :meeting: what say you'se, any interest???
Hi There,

I might be able to work out a ride. I am in Thousand Oaks.

Sure if you come to New Orleans

Hoping your wing is a 1800 ???

Attend my New Orleans Ride to Eat Gathering March 6-9, '09 - check my sig for more info

We can easily work it out while here

let's ride safe and be careful out there,

Mike in Nawlins'

How far north are you willing to ride?
naaahhhhh, south ???

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: From San Diego across the Southern seaboard to the oposite end of the country, and then up to the great white North, WOW! You guys make it tempting; I'm thinking :mda: I'm thinking :mda: I'm thinking :mda: .................. :nea: I just washed the Wingabego and it might rain or even snow. Thanks for the offers though :haha:

I'm not too far away in Albuquerque...Bring the KTM and you can ride my FJR for the ENTIRE weekend. Hows that? :dntknw:
Bring the KTM (and some studded tires) to Minnesota and you can ride the FJR for the ENTIRE Winter! How's that?

:yahoo: A winter of ice riding Minnesota's frozen lakes on a KTM. :yahoo:

:lol2: I got a better idea :scenic: why not all of you ride out here! 71deg and sunny today :eek:k:

Bring the KTM (and some studded tires) to Minnesota and you can ride the FJR for the ENTIRE Winter! How's that?
:yahoo: A winter of ice riding Minnesota's frozen lakes on a KTM. :yahoo:
That could take some time.... finding studded tires in San Diego :dntknw:

That could take some time.... finding studded tires in San Diego :dntknw:
If you have enough tread, we can just do this:

DSC_0269-Edited.jpg

[SIZE=8pt]Shamelessly stolen from https://advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=...amp;postcount=2[/SIZE]

:D

Before medical science comes up with a cure for mental illness, their going to have to deal with ice racers first.

That being said, I've got some very fond memories of an CR250 with an old set of knobbies FULL of panhead sheet metal screws. You'd really have to try hard to bust the ass end loose. Great fun!

Get in touch with Slappy here. He is in San Diego and is thinking of adding a Wing to the stable. Don't know how he feels about "bike swapping", but he would be a good person to try.

(Appologies to Slappy if I'm overstepping boundaries here...)

You can borrow my AE no strings attached. PM me to make arrangements.

I live in Clairemont now and work in UTC. I've lent it to two others from the forum already.

Don't take this wrong but I would never loan my bike to a new member with only 12 posts. I am sure it is on the up and up but it would not be on my bike. Nothing personal. :cigar: