Friday, stupidity and the ungodly

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't get my camera out once. Very crowded, no clear shots of bikes or models.

While Son was looking at the Ducatis, I was certainly looking at the models. Very nice I assure you. But, no pictures, Her Indoors might see them; this WOULD NOT BE GOOD
headbonk.gif
. So, sorry.

This is all well and good...but a motorcycle show without a single picture of a woman assistant/model? I know you have a camera...unless you got that stolen as well. Good god, does Stef have to do everything?

Or do the UK models not rate? Just curious why Beemerdons did not bring this up...I mean, wtf?

biggrin.png
quick, eat some chocolate or something, ya whiney lil poop

but, that said, that's why I keep my sex toys to a minimum on my bike. Less to forget as I get old and more awesome!
Always nice to get spanked by barb...definitely good to hear that you keep your sex toys to a minimum on the bike.

Barb wrote -

... as I get old and more awesome!
*cough*
Bite me, cupcake
air_kiss.gif

This is all well and good...but a motorcycle show without a single picture of a woman assistant/model? I know you have a camera...unless you got that stolen as well. Good god, does Stef have to do everything?

Or do the UK models not rate? Just curious why Beemerdons did not bring this up...I mean, wtf?

biggrin.png
quick, eat some chocolate or something, ya whiney lil poop

but, that said, that's why I keep my sex toys to a minimum on my bike. Less to forget as I get old and more awesome!
Always nice to get spanked by barb...definitely good to hear that you keep your sex toys to a minimum on the bike.
Helps keep the vibrations down...........
blush2.gif

My Garmin 60csx is somewhere about 30 miles from Cashmere, WA, probably just to the side of the forest road I was riding on much too fast when I fully compressed the forks on my Husqvarna dual sport, bouncing off the dip in the road, thereby dislodging said Garmin from its mount, and not noticing its absence until a few mile later. Thirty minutes of pointless searching and the only thing clear to me was that I should have tethered it to the bars as a safety backup.

The good news was that I had changed the start up screen to display my phone number in case it was found. The bad news was that two days later a devastating wildfire roared through said portion of the mountains, likely turning my GPS into a Garmin s'more.

It did give me a great excuse to splurge on the Garmin Montana, a far superior off-road GPs with excellent on-road capabilities, as well as supporting multiple maps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi mcatrophy,

I sure hope one cold winters night this no good thief hits the home button on your GPS and ends up in your driveway to be met by you.

Hi mcatrophy,I sure hope one cold winters night this no good thief hits the home button on your GPS and ends up in your driveway to be met by you.
I might end up in jail, so probably would not be a good thing.

So, Tomtom rang me to say they were giving me a 25% discount off a new unit. I think that is excellent considering I hadn't got round to asking for one.

As I said before, first class customer service from them.

Hi mcatrophy,I sure hope one cold winters night this no good thief hits the home button on your GPS and ends up in your driveway to be met by you.
I might end up in jail, so probably would not be a good thing.
Any thief that hits the home button on my GPS is going to find his self standing in front of the County Jail.
not_i.gif

Way these things have of disappearing I do Not keep my real address on file.

So, Tomtom rang me to say they were giving me a 25% discount off a new unit. I think that is excellent considering I hadn't got round to asking for one.
Re-enforces my leanings toward a TomTom for my next GPS.

Hoping yours returns to you mcatrophy sir . Seems you're getting a new one, but, still be nice to get the original back I'm sure.

Hoping yours returns to you mcatrophy sir . Seems you're getting a new one, but, still be nice to get the original back I'm sure.
I have TomTom for both bike and car. Reasonably priced, the units I bought included lifetime map updates, which is nice.

We did a comparison trip in the car between my TomTom and a Garmin (can't recall the model), but the TomTom acquired signal in places the Garmin could not (ie. in the hold of the ferry), and was the more direct route planner. Also, the desktop software is easy to navigate. The TTRider is bulky, but the car unit is small and lets John Cleese tell me where to go............bonus

If I suffer the same bad luck as the OP, I would not hesitate to purchase another TomTom.

I have TomTom for both bike and car. Reasonably priced, the units I bought included lifetime map updates, which is nice.

We did a comparison trip in the car between my TomTom and a Garmin (can't recall the model), but the TomTom acquired signal in places the Garmin could not (ie. in the hold of the ferry), and was the more direct route planner. Also, the desktop software is easy to navigate. The TTRider is bulky, but the car unit is small and lets John Cleese tell me where to go............bonus

If I suffer the same bad luck as the OP, I would not hesitate to purchase another TomTom.
Yet more re-enforcement
smile.png
- thanks Barb

Got my new Tomtom Rider. Had to swap the cradle, the new one is different (why on earth do they need seven connections?). The power connector to the cradle is the same, so in theory there was no need to touch the wiring on the bike, except one of my joints was bad and gave way with all the flexing. That's joints in the wiring, not on my body, but some of those are going the same way.

Anyway, operation is similar enough that I don't need to learn anything new (this is good, something about "old dogs and new tricks"), maps are now up-to-date, blue-tooth connection to my headset is good.

The larger screen will hopefully make following a route easier. All I need now is to test it out (or, as my Dearly Beloved would put it, use that as an excuse to go for a ride). Unlikely before Christmas, unless I do another Santa run.

... and made myself a new "Splash" screen.

splashw_no_adr.jpg

Original picture ...

(Click on image for larger view)

... taken during a recent visit to Scotland.

(Edited to fix link to 1st pic)

...the TomTom acquired signal in places the Garmin could not (ie. in the hold of the ferry)...
You were lost on the car deck?
She's blonde.

J/K Barb, we love you.
Bugie boy you got BALLS, but what is this "J/K-WE" shite, I don't have anything to apologize for...jses...and yes we love Barb..
flirt.gif

I purchased a Garmin 390 not to long ago, it's ok but I hate/dislike POS Basecamp.

Latest posts