front forks

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeroIce

Reaction score
HI. Oil leak on front fork 2008 I have strip down the forks no problem cleaned all parts read the book on installing the middle bush but I have nothing in my workshop to make a tool to install the bush. any ideas of any other ways of making a item to install the bush.

Welcome to the forum!

When you say you "read the book", I assume the service manual? There was a really good "how to" on the forum a long time ago. The photos were hosted elsewhere and disappeared from the post, but it has been archived in its entirety here:

https://www.fjr-tips.org/maint/ForkSeal-BushingReplacement.pdf
This includes fabrication of a tool for the middle bushing.
Note: Gen I forks did not have a middle bushing and some folks have reassembled Gen II forks without the middle bushing - without apparent issues.
FWIW, a fork leak can often be stopped using a "Seal Mate" to clean out dirt from the seal lip which is often responsible for leaks but won't likely help if the seals are excessively worn or nicked. I figure that if the seals have much more than 60,000 miles or so, this solution is likely to be temporary, if it works at all.