Front turn signal relacement

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckster

Reaction score
Left side turn indicator blinks excessively fast, but the front left bulb doesn't blink. Rear turn indicators work properly. I'd appreciate hearing from someone on how to remove the cowling and replace the bulb. Model is Gen II and it's time I learned to some minor maintenace.

Thanks,

Chuck

You don't need to remove the left fairing, only the black plastic inner panel, which is secured with 3 self-tapping screws & 2 push pins (under the nose cone) and 2 more push pins that hold it against panel D (if counting from the RHS of the bike while sitting on it). Removing this black panel will provide sufficient access to the bulb assembly to replace the bulb or check the wiring...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya know, you're right. In my head I couldn't recall if that uncovered enough of the light, but it's clear that it does.

These pics are from my Gen-I fairing thread, and my bike is an '03 with different lights, but the locations are the same.

fairinginnerpanel.jpg

turnwires.jpg

On the GenII, be careful, one of those screws for the triangular black cover also doubles to secure

one of the three bracket of the light fixture itself.

So, slowly remove the screw and do not pull it away too quickly, it could pop the bracket on the light fixture.