• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS - Power Commander V

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morecowbell

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I have a PC V that needs a new home. I bought it from Fuel Moto in August of 2012 and ran it for 18000 miles on my '06. My bike got totaled and I don't need the PC on my new '12. It has the Fuel Moto "smoothness" map installed for the '06/'07 FJRs and their jerky throttles. I'm sure it could be remapped easily for any other year model FJR.

It's like new and in it's original box with all documentation. I paid $302 for it. I'd like to get $200 out of it, and I'll pay the shipping.

Thanks!

How was your mileage affected? A mile or 2 per gallon wouldn't be bad. More than that would cause issues around here when the frigging wind blows.

Yep, there was a slight decrease in gas mileage. It would get 36-39 mpg at lower elevations, depending on the roads and how hard I twisted the throttle. At higher elevations like Utah and Colorado, it would get around 43 mpg. I kinda missed the extra range on a tank, but I think it was a worthwhile tradeoff. The stock '06 killed my confidence in corners with the on/off throttle lurch...the PCV really calmed things down, made it so much easier to ride.

+1. It did impact mileage on my 08, but smoothing out low speed throttle response was a worthwhile trade off. Get the optional autotune, which communicates with the PCV and replaces your O2 sensor. That's the trick combo.

Damn it, this is still for sale. I really shouldn't spend the money. I had a PCV on my 06' but sold it because I could not get over the drop in MPG (4 btw). As soon as I sold it I started kicking myself. The lurch when you roll on the throttle sucks. Plus, the bike just runs so much smoother with the thing installed. PM sent. Shit.