FYI: Trailer towing

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephen

Reaction score
Just returned from an 18 day, 5000 mile trip hauling my camper trailer.

Steady 50-55mph. Kept it at 3200 rpm. All's good.

Up & over the major passes in the West.

Motor just purrrsss....

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a late 80's Cyclemate (no longer made but are continued to be supported). It's a complete fold-out camper. The teardrop trailers are only for storage. I saw lots of those behind Gold Wings. I also saw a number of trailers from Harbor Freight. There are quite a few modern fold-out campers available now.

Even though I plan to sell my FJR soon, it is definitely a terrific workhorse & all around bike. But you can say that for the Concours, Beemers & Honda ST's, too.

By the way, after 18 days, 2 provinces, 5 states & 5000 miles, here's the approximate bike score: 1/2 dozen sportbikes, a couple dozen sport-touring & adventure-type bikes... and billions & billions & billions of Harleys (and other cruiser types).

By the way, after 18 days, 2 provinces, 5 states & 5000 miles, here's the approximate bike score: 1/2 dozen sportbikes, a couple dozen sport-touring & adventure-type bikes... and billions & billions & billions of Harleys (and other cruiser types).

I prefer to be a tiny, conspicuous island of individuality

in the great big ocean of conformist homologation.

I prefer to be a tiny, conspicuous island of individuality

in the great big ocean of conformist homologation.
Best comment I have seen in a long while! Bravo good sir, bravo!

I think it's also because the Japanese Big 4 don't market bikes in the West. Snowmobiles, quads & side by sides are everywhere. It appeared that most folks had 2-4 of each.