FZ1 Mirrors

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was considering mounting these mirrors to my Gen 3 FJR. Will I need just the mirrors or do I also need:?

3C3-26298-00-00
PLATE, MIRROR FITTIN

Like Mingo above- I'd like to know if you need the "plate,mirror fittin" & the "collars" that are shown

in the exploded view on Partshark to do this mod ? Thanks

Thanks Guys, I ordered a pair & am looking forward to improved views to the rear. If this works the way people have said , I'll be wishing that I'd done this 6 years ago ! Thanks so much. Sliick
rolleyes.gif

Please give us feedback when you have spent some time riding with them.

Thanks Guys, I ordered a pair & am looking forward to improved views to the rear. If this works the way people have said , I'll be wishing that I'd done this 6 years ago ! Thanks so much. Sliick
rolleyes.gif
Just got my order of mirrors & tried to install them- did Not fit. I ordered the numbers that BDazzler had shown for a Gen ll.Checked the numbers on partshark.com. It showed that the numbers came from an 'o7 FZ 1 . The studs on the 3c3-26280-00-00 & 3c3-26290-00-00 are too far apart for the holes in my cowling. They need to be about 1 1/8 " on center.

Does anyone have the numbers for a Gen ll application ? Or can you tell me what year FZ 1 mirrors will fit my Gen ll . Thanks in advance. Sliick

Thanks Harald, very much ! That's just the info I was looking for. Somebody that actually has them on the bike. Well it looks like I have a pair of mirrors for a 2007 FZ 1 for sale, LOL. Hopefully I can get someone that can use them. Thanks again, Sliick

Thanks Harald, very much ! That's just the info I was looking for. Somebody that actually has them on the bike. Well it looks like I have a pair of mirrors for a 2007 FZ 1 for sale, LOL. Hopefully I can get someone that can use them. Thanks again, Sliick
Everyone,took Haralds advice after returning the 2007 FZ 1 mirrors. The ones Harald gave part #s for are the right ones for Gen II.Just put them on & wish I would have done it years ago. Great addition to the safety aspect. Thanks again . Sliick

^^^^^I donno how many times I have said that. Everyone talks smack until they mount a set and see what they have been missing. No one that sees my bike has ever guessed they aren't the OEM mirrors.

You can count me in on the mirrors being the best farkle I've added. It's NIGHT and DAY difference and nobody thinks they don't look stock.

^^^^^I donno how many times I have said that. Everyone talks smack until they mount a set and see what they have been missing. No one that sees my bike has ever guessed they aren't the OEM mirrors.
+ 1 Not a soul knows they are not stock. Looks are Subjective. Safety is not.

I ordered a set of 1st gen FZ1 mirrors from Emgo and while they are a knock off, they work just fine. Will have to see how they last in the long run...

About $65 for the pair. Best rear/side view on any bike I have had!

Black Carbon
Right 20-80511 20-80513
Left 20-80512 20-80514

Fits FZS1000 (FZ1) 2001-2005 Replaces OEM 5LV-26280-00-00 (L) 5LV-26290-00-00 ®

I don't see where anyone has answered the question as to if the FZ-1 mirrors fit a Gen III FJR or not. Or if so what part numbers would apply...

Could I assume that gen1 FZ1 mirrors fit gen 1FJR's and gen2 FZ1 mirrors fit gen2 FJR's?
You could, but you would be wrong. The same Gen 1 FZ1 mirrors fit both 1st and 2nd Gen FJRs.

I don't see where anyone has answered the question as to if the FZ-1 mirrors fit a Gen III FJR or not. Or if so what part numbers would apply...
Yes, they will fit, but they will require some spacers to get the mirror base up out of the depressed mounting area in the faring. I believe that Fairlaner came up with something in his thread.

Latest posts