FZ1 Mirrors

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRottie

Independent
Reaction score
It has been done and here is a link. fjr1300.info

Does anyone know if the year matters for the FZ1 mirror or do I need a certain year ? I am guessing it does not matter if I just buy some now.

I know about the multivex mirrors but don't know if I wanna go that route.

I think these part numbers are correct;

5LV-26280-00-00 left

5LV-26290-00-00 right

:huh:

It has been done and here is a link. fjr1300.info
Does anyone know if the year matters for the FZ1 mirror or do I need a certain year ?  I am guessing it does not matter if I just buy some now.

I know about the multivex mirrors but don't know if I wanna go that route.

I think these part numbers are correct;

5LV-26280-00-00 left

5LV-26290-00-00 right

:huh:
Those numbers match the 2004 FZ-1 parts fiche, but were probably common to several years. I think with the correct part numbers, you don't have to know year or even model to get the right stuff...

I had 'em on. Took 'em off. Loved the improved rear view but they made the bike a bit too wide for lane-splitting.

I have a pair of FZ1 mirrors I never installed. If someone wants them, PM me and make an offer. I've gotten used to the huge blind spot behind me....

Matt,

I'LL BUY THEM FROM YOU!!

I have a set of the carbon fiber knock-offs, and want the real thing. Personally, I think the better view outweighs the wider profile.

And I never lane split anyway..... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
The FZ1 mirrors were one of the best farkles I've done.
+1, and I just fold one in to share lanes.
+2 ...and, when you're not used to having them, these wider mirrors remind you of the presence of those hard saddlebags you tend to forget about :huh: :D

Going to the FZ1 mirrors really opened up the view behind me. Just as important, my wife now feels much safer when she rides with me as her rear-ward view was equally expanded. Making the swap is a worth-while farkle....not too expensive and easy to do.

My bike is now stored, but I bought and installed the mirrors just before.

Me likey. Glad I bought them.

+2 ...and, when you're not used to having them, these wider mirrors remind you of the presence of those hard saddlebags you tend to forget about :huh: :D
Best Farkle there is, bar none. I would much rather lose a mirror than a bag while splitting lanes. Just don't believe the ad on ebay, I tried folding the mirror in and it broke.

Best Farkle there is, bar none. I would much rather lose a mirror than a bag while splitting lanes. Just don't believe the ad on ebay, I tried folding the mirror in and it broke.
It's not so much that they broke, more that the rivet holding the articulated joint gives out.

I just removed the long rivet completely and replaced it with a small bolt and a locknut. Even went so far as to intentional pull the rivet on the other side and replace it with the same.

Now works perfect and can be folded in as many times as you need.

The mirrors on Ebay are Emgo aftermarket mirrors for the FZ1 and can be ordered by most bike shops.

Best $45 I ever spent on my bike, my only regret was waiting 8 months before doing it, should have junked the stockers on day 1.

If you haven't done it, do it, you wont regret it.

Skippy

I have 2005 FJR. I agree mirrors are deficient. If the FZ1 Mirrors are a good fix, what year FZ1 Mirrors will work with a 2005 FJR???

Ice Man / Austin, TX Where We Ride All Year Long

The part numbers I posted above are for 2004 FZ-1 mirrors.

You could easily search for 2005 FZ-1 mirrors on the web. I think they mount the same.

2004 FZ-1 mirror mounting is identical to 2004-05 FJR mounting.

I had no problem ordering with the part numbers above from a Yammy dealer.

Anyone else know about other year FZ-1 mirrors ?

They do fold and with great ease. I find they fold closer to the bike, therefore better.

They improve your visibility a lot, and the longer arm is not noticeable to the untrained eye.

Ah, yup! For we of the more "portly" or "wide shouldered" physique, best farkle after installing sliders.

Pretty much tied with fork brace, tank protection, and for me, windshield (I'm too freakin' tall for the stocker....I get tired of riding like Mr. Bobblehead)

Ah, yup! For we of the more "portly" or "wide shouldered" physique, best farkle after installing sliders.
Good advice, wish I'd have taken it myself. Sliders, best farkle to install BEFORE dropping bike. :(

Like FJRSanDiego, I just received FZ1 Mirrors from Gary McCoy at University Motors, Inc. in sunny Fargo, ND. $90 delivered to my door. This is the best price I could find -- by far.

Ice Man / Austin, TX

Like FJRSanDiego, I just received FZ1 Mirrors from Gary McCoy at University Motors, Inc. in sunny Fargo, ND.  $90 delivered to my door.  This is the best price I could find -- by far.
Ice Man / Austin, TX
https://vmaxoutlaw.com/university_motors.htm

701-235-6478

In Stock and I paid $90 and some change delivered.

Go out Monday.

Last edited by a moderator: