G2Ergo TT and Heated Grips

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoadRunner

Reaction score
Does anyone happen to recall how the heated grip aligned with the original plastic cam and tt? I didn't remember to take note of how they aligned before removing the OEM tube and want to make sure the grip wires are routed correctly.

And how do you change your display name on the forum?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't say anything about the heated grips, but to change you forum handle you need to send a PM to an admin.

Does anyone happen to recall how the heated grip aligned with the original plastic cam and tt? I didn't remember to take note of how they aligned before removing the OEM tube and want to make sure the grip wires are routed correctly.
And how do you change your display name on the forum?

If you look directly at the plastic sleeve of the throttle (where the bar end would mount) it is a circle. I placed the wire from the grip at the 7 o'clock position when the throttle is closed. therefore when you open the throttle full (it only rotates approx 90 degrees) when fully open it is in the 4 o'clock position. I find this to be the least interferring of any position, & have had no trouble with it at all. :D

According to my local Yamaha Service manager, he states Yamaha instructs them to install at the 1 o'clock position (when closed). If you do this, at full throttle the wire is in the 10 o'clock position. I found this annoying & unsightly. :blink:

Judge for yourself.

I liked roadrunner.... did it myself many times... beep-beep!

PM admin and they can change it for ya.

Latest posts