Garmin Zumo 550 repair parts

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmgrif

Reaction score
My 550 Zumo just lost one of the rubber push buttons off the left face front side, second from the bottom! Does anyone know of a source so I can replace? Also the screws are nothing I have in my tool box in order to remove so would need one of those as well? Just wondering!

Thanks

Mark

Thanks for your response! The ebay pads look good but I still need the tool to remove the face plate? Does anyone know the specs on such an animal?

Should be available here? I'll source that first, then order from Holland?
Shop around, that was just my first hit on a google search.

I have 3 Zumo 550s and I plan on restoring them all (Or at least 2 of them)

The rubber pads only cover a micro push button switch. I think maybe fabricating one might work.

Possibly a tube of Shoe Goo could work…

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a dead 550 for a year or more found this place they restored it like new.Short Tronics, INC.

51612 US Highway 169

Mankato, MN 56001-6584
they just refurbed mine and did a great job. I also changed out the internal battery and the screen. While it was away I got a deal on a 665 so if you anyone is interested in a refurb 550 with a touratech MvG locking mount drop me a line.

Mark: I picked up a bunch of small bits including the torx you need at Princess Auto for cheap. I'll be home in a couple of weeks and you can borrow mine if you aren't in a hurry.

Dave

Thanks Dave! I just got home myself, from a short trip to Vancouver Island. Qualicum Beach is beautiful at this time of year! I'll take you up on your offer if I'm unable to source one myself. Thanks
smile.png

Now don't be insensitive Don! Princess Auto is Harbour Freight lite - for Canucks. You can identify as any gender you prefer and they will still serve you!

If you've got an older garmin, be thankful it works and do whatever it takes to keep it running. I'm on my second brand new 595LM, and neither has been useable. They can't do any part of the notification or Bluetooth functionality they're supposed to. I'd gladly trade my current paperweight for one of the older waterproof ones I've had in the past.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the same issue with mine. The on off button went missing somewhere on the road. Sent mine to Short Tronics, INC www.palmDr.com It was $78 bucks including return shipping. They fix the button, updated it to the latest street software and added a larger SD card. Just like new. Good customer service as well. My nephew is a member of the BMW forum he told me about it.

I like Zumo 550. A little dated but use XM radio all the time. First unit failed when very new still under WARR. Garmin replaced that one.

10 years on this one no issues. Still has same battery and holds a charge just fine.

Great info. if it ever needs repair.