• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Garmin Zumo 660 good deal at Amazon

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sahara81

Reaction score
Thought I'd pass this along as it is a great deal:

Zumo 660LM at Amazon.com for $349.99......if you have prime, free shipping. Just go there and search for Zumo 660 and it will come up.

(I'm not affiliated with Amazon at all.....)

They seem to be going on sale all over. Someone sent me a costco link a couple of days ago with a great price. I think Garmin must be end of life-ing that model and clearing out old inventory.

My 660 has been a great unit but I bought it in 2009. That's over 100 years in electronic-years!

Great find! I ask this as both a real question and a statement, why do I care if they are making room for a new model? If a new model has newer options but cost $600, why not buy the old model for about half the price? Will they continue to support an older model?

The 660 will continue to be serviced for a number of years, but will probably discontinue new sales soon. I think the way to look at this, is that the price is about what we have been paying for USED Zumo 550s. It's a spectacular deal for a GPS that will work with your headsets, and has the environment hardening and bright display you need on the bike and comes with lifetime maps. FWIW the new model Zumo 590 is $800.

If I wasn't spending money on so much other crap, I'd buy a new one, just to sit in a box and wait until my current one dies.

Last edited by a moderator:
FWIW the new model Zumo 590 is $800.
FWIW the new model Zumo 590 is $900

Fixed it for you
biggrin.png

It was $800, but I think it proved too popular so the price went up!
That's insane! I got mine at 20% off the original price and thought that was too much. Now I think it was a great investment in an appreciating asset. ;0

I couldn't pass it up, even knowing it's probably being discontinued. Should be here Wednesday.

I've been using a Nuvi 765T, which has been good, but I've always wanted a Zumo.

My 550 with life time maps still works and I will keep it until it dies.

This is a smokin good deal for those who do not have a GPS.

Last edited by a moderator:
With the inherent weaknesses of the zumo 66X (that were never improved over its production run) I think this about what it should have been priced at all along. I owned a new one a while back, and did a comparison to the 550 I also had.

I ended up selling it off and replaced it with a second zumo 550. I'll just keep my 550s unless/until the price of the 590 comes back down to earth.

Price was back to about $440 this morning, looks like Amazon sold out, and secondary sellers are asking more.

Snooozzzzzz you lose I guess. Most likely we will see it again. I still like mine and they have made improvements along the way with the software. Yes it did have some bugs at first but I got through it. What new garmin doesn't?

Dave