Gathering of the Clans! August 2-3-4-5

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why does this event have to be at the Eureka Red Lion and what happened to the weekend of July 28....which was the second preferred option?
Because it is in striking range of a motorcycle Mecca of roads for riding. Plus, when it is 100+ degrees most other places in Nor Cal. You will be thankful for nature's A/C in Eureka.

...and yes because King Richard likes it there.. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Why does this event have to be at the Eureka Red Lion and what happened to the weekend of July 28....which was the second preferred option?
Because it is in striking range of a motorcycle Mecca of roads for riding. Plus, when it is 100+ degrees most other places in Nor Cal. You will be thankful for nature's A/C in Eureka.

...and yes because King Richard likes it does some of his very best drinking there.. ;)
Fixed.

I see Aug 2,3,4 is in first place so far with 14 votes already. ;)

(unless, the votes need to be reset from the previous three dates)

I'm good with that. I'll put in for the time off. I hope to get the time off but somebody has to work and earn all those old farts' disability/retirement payments. :p

Wife Kat will try to go too. This works out because family requirements are going to keep me from NAFO this year.

Thanks Richard. I like that place too. A liquor store and fast food within walking distance and good memories from Dolly's last visit go a long way... Thanks for the hard work.

Since it will be far too hot for desert camping in August, this sounds like an excellent way to spend a long weekend. I can't even remember the last time we rode up or down PCH. It's about time to do it again.

I'm familiar with the area and its very cool weather after attending STN's WCRM event at Fortuna 5 times. I also noticed that there did not appear to be a shortage of motels in Fortuna, Eureka, and Arcata.

Looks like I am out because I have prior commitments to be in Eureka Springs, AR on August 12.

The poll was incorrect as i changed the dates and it didn't reset so i have removed it......

So what do you say we pick the first weekend in August and roll with that????????

I know it will not work for everyone but what can you do....

R

OK folks it is decided.......

August 2nd-3rd-4th-5th Thursday thru Sunday or anytime in between.....

I will be posting the hotel code as soon as i get it from the hotel.

R

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Works for me. With any luck my bride will be confident enough to ride her own bike. She doesn't think much of the real twisty stuff but there is a quilt shop next to the hotel to keep her happy.

Awsome look forward to the rides and watching you good folks consume large amounts of those liquids you call spirits after the rides of course

I like the first weekend in Aug. plus Mrs. Bug is thinking she may tag along for some two up fun on 36!

No mater what dates i pick there will be folks who can't make it, I have a family Alaska cruise thats gonna take place some time between Aug 10th and 25th (just found out today) so thats why i picked those dates.

Whats a guy to do!!!!!!!!!!!

R

Don't change the dates anymore. I got the first weekend off approved. I'll be there and wife Kat may be riding pillion. There was a massage shop she went to at NAFO in Eureka couple years ago. Maybe some ladies might consider a pampering. What do you say Gregory -- you need pampering? :p

This is shaping up to be one awesome event so far, with the exception of DCarver not being there. Lots of old friendships to renew and new faces and names to put together.

When you say massage place, is that a 'massage place' or a euphemism for something completely different?

In true Candy Butt style, we're probably going to split the 700 or so mile ride into two days. Any local folks have a suggestion for a reasonable place to stay mid-way between OC and Eureka? I'm really looking forward to riding the coast road again. It's been too long.

Don't change the dates anymore. I got the first weekend off approved. I'll be there and wife Kat may be riding pillion. There was a massage shop she went to at NAFO in Eureka couple years ago. Maybe some ladies might consider a pampering. What do you say Gregory -- you need pampering? :p
ShinyPartsUp: I thought that our delicate Gregory complained at NAFO that they had nicked him when he had his legs shaved at that Eureka Beauty/Massage Salon!

Queen Mum has spoken: "As it is written, so shall it be!" Law of Monarchy - Having led a ton of AZ Beemers and FJR Forum Events: You pick a date and you go with it!

RichardQueen3.jpg

Oh well. Sigh
Me too... :(

Y'all have fun and down a few for me!

--G
Hey Brit-Boy Richard... any chance we can have a poll for August dates that weren't included originally? Sure would like to see some of the PNW folks and Candy Butt Carver at this one if another weekend works for more? :D
Holy Cow Tyler, I can see you wanting Niehart there, 'Pops' is kind of cute. But Don Carver? dcarver? Candy Butt Carver? Really? REALLY?????

Latest posts