Gathering of the Clans! August 2-3-4-5

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kat and I are still planning on going. Holding off on reservations until I'm sure she gets the time off. Been a while; I haven't missed the forum much, but I had to check out this thread again. Nothing new I see... :p

Boone's Farm is fine, though I prefer Red Mountain.

I am now wait-listed for the 'scope. They tell me roughly six weeks (sooner if there is a cancellation) until the procedure with 4-8 weeks of recovery time depending on what they find and how things go. So, it seem likely that I will be able to make it back to the Red Lion in August.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kat and I are still planning on going. Holding off on reservations until I'm sure she gets the time off. Been a while; I haven't missed the forum much, but I had to check out this thread again. Nothing new I see... :p
Well, some of us miss you around here, ya smart ass... make your rezzies, foo'! You can always cancel them. :p

Boone's Farm is fine, though I prefer Red Mountain.

I am now wait-listed for the 'scope. They tell me roughly six weeks (sooner if there is a cancellation) until the procedure with 4-8 weeks of recovery time depending on what they find and how things go. So, it seem likely that I will be able to make it back to the Red Lion.
Dear Joseph, when did you stop drinking our favorite beverage of choice: Mad Dog 20/20! Come on Joe, MD 20/20 is fully Kosher in both Tully, Ireland and Tel Aviv, Israel!

md_bling.jpg

The Mad Dog has, alas, been forsaken for a new favorite:

th_lc.jpg
This is perfect timing, Joseph! Miss Donna, Son Seth and Papa Chuy are going to a dinner party tomorrow evening hosted by my Best Biking Buddy Uri Schumm.

Uri was born in Haifa (1946), when it was still Palestine. I am going by BevMo in Chandler and see if I can score a bottle of Loch Chaim, this will be fantastic!

th_lc.jpg
This is perfect timing, Joseph! Miss Donna, Son Seth and Papa Chuy are going to a dinner party tomorrow evening hosted by my Best Biking Buddy Uri Schumm.

Uri was born in Haifa (1946), when it was still Palestine. I am going by BevMo in Chandler and see if I can score a bottle of Loch Chaim, this will be fantastic!
Happy hunting, Don. There are several versions of it. Macallan, Aberlour and Linkwood all have released under the name....and it is more than just a great trans-tribal pun, the whisky is quite tasty with the Macallan being superior to the Aberlour.

th_lc.jpg

Happy hunting, Don. There are several versions of it. Macallan, Aberlour and Linkwood all have released under the name....and it is more than just a great pun, the whisky is quite tasty.
Thanks for clarifying this for me, Joseph. I'm a BevMo Club Member and tried to order a bottle for pickup tomorrow, but their search engine did not show it in Inventory!

I m not certain but I think that Loch Chaim operates sort of like Signatory or Chieftan's or Murray McDavid, etc. That is, an independent bottler who buys casks from distilleries, ages the whisky, and then bottles under their name with the distillery also noted on the label. So, perhaps, if they look it up under Macallans or Longmorn or Aberlour or Linkwood they might find it. Now, where did I put that bottle of Kirkland Signature Macallans?

30 March it is for the arthroscope so, while the Big Sur run in April is most probably not gonna happen for me, the prospects for the Gathering of the Clans and NAFO are, in a word

imagesqtbnANd9GcSxM1uWL2w-VTonOJfauDGRKCUJ7zEzy6WoQgeggJ6fhJNPHoLq.jpg

while the Big Sur run in April is most probably not gonna happen for me
Joe, I think I speak for most here... if you can make the Big Sur run in April in a car, do it. Just come and meet us in Cambria and drink whiskey around the fire on Saturday evening with everyone... while bikes are what brings us together, it's the people that keep us together. B)

Thanks, Tyler and Steve. I will do that if I am able and I will know a lot more about my prospects in the next few days because roughly 24 hours from now I should be done with the arthroscope. I can hardly wait! Well, yes and no.

By the time the Clans are ready to rally I should be back on the FJR and headed for Eureka