Gathering of the Clans! it's official....Sonora, CA May 30th thru June 1st.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
don't worry Don he will flake as always.....

Lanny = Santa Fe dreamin.

FYI Last count is over 30 peeps.

R

Last edited by a moderator:
Hwy 4 Ebbetts Pass is open as of yesterday. Monitor Pass has been open for a month. Sonora Pass 108 is being cleared and should be available next week. Tioga Pass started clearing last week. Snow removal began on April 16, with plows reaching Porcupine Flat. I would guess it will be easily available for the GOTC. Glacier Point opened last week. You guys should have some great riding.

Hwy 4 Ebbetts Pass is open as of yesterday. Monitor Pass has been open for a month. Sonora Pass 108 is being cleared and should be available next week. Tioga Pass started clearing last week. Snow removal began on April 16, with plows reaching Porcupine Flat. I would guess it will be easily available for the GOTC. Glacier Point opened last week. You guys should have some great riding.

Sonora Pass opened today.
Hey, Tom. No need to broadcast it. You'll have every Tom, Bokerfork, and Hairy up there using up our roads.

Interloper.

Shouldn;t bother you since you quit riding.
rolleyes.gif

Sonora Pass opened today.
It closed yesterday according to our late news ... didn't catch the reason why..

"edit" OK -- just found out why

Code:
SR 108    [IN THE CENTRAL CALIFORNIA AREA & SIERRA NEVADA]    IS CLOSED FROM 26.4 MI EAST OF STRAWBERRY (TUOLUMNE CO) TO 3 MI WEST OF THE JCT OF US 395 (MONO CO) /SONORA PASS/ - DUE TO STORM - MOTORISTS ARE ADVISED TO USE AN ALTERNATE ROUTE

That area saw about 5 inches of snow yesterday. It will be quickly cleared, while the ski areas got a brief reprieve. Meanwhile, this is one of the earliest openings of those passes I can ever recall.

Easy Tom, I saw OM in the Wing mirrors a few weeks back. However he did seem to get small real quick.
wink.png

More weather coming this weekend. We need every drop this year
clapping.gif
. Lows in the upper 30's for downtown Peardale tonight. Early to mid may can be quite changeable but nothing sticks very long and GOTC is late- May be real toasty time.

Hey yinz guys should ride out for the SE Ohio Twisty roads gathering next week. Looks like this region has just as big a group of derelicts as CA.

Michael....hugs and kisses!
fuck.gif

I see that I won't be the only derelict from Oregon this time. Reserved a king at the Rodeway for Thursday thru Saturday.

Richard, thanks for organizing this little get-to-gather. Enjoyed Canada last year except for the rain getting there.

I will have to keep a watch on Carver to make sure he doesn't tinker with my bike. Isn't that right Don?

Tioga pass road is also cleared to the summit, but has not opened as of today. I wouldn't be surprised to see it open this first weekend in May.

Latest posts