Gatlinburg, TN Apr 29th, 2011

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kevin:

I am planning on a documented Ironbut from my house in Michigan to my sister's house in Pensacola Fla. in the very end of April. From Pensacola I am heading NE past Atlanta then towards Asheville NC to ride the BRP up to Roanoke VA. Should be in that area on or about May 2nd or 3rd. Your welcome to join me on the BRP.

Pete

Kevin:

I am planning on a documented Ironbut from my house in Michigan to my sister's house in Pensacola Fla. in the very end of April. From Pensacola I am heading NE past Atlanta then towards Asheville NC to ride the BRP up to Roanoke VA. Should be in that area on or about May 2nd or 3rd. Your welcome to join me on the BRP.

Pete
When will you be coming thru Roanoke? I wouldnt mind meeting up, maybee ride the BRP for a ways with you.

Kevin- the gf and I are trying to plan a trip up th Gatlinburg that weekend but we never know if our plans will work out or not. We plan on going over US-129 and getting a Dragon sticker for the new bike.

I'll be in Gatlinburg the 15th-18th with a few friends from New England. Planning on riding many of the fine roads in the region. Hopefully run into (not literally) a few of my FJR brothers and sisters while there. We're staying in Gatlinburg and doing day rides. Very much looking forward to the trip.

I'll be in Gatlinburg the 15th-18th...Planning on riding many of the fine roads in the region...We're staying in Gatlinburg and doing day rides...
The town of Gatlinburg is one of those places that gives Tourist Trap Town the bad name they deserve. The one thing in Gatlinburg that is worth seeing is the aquarium(!), but plan to spend ~1/2 a day to see it all. Don't be foolish and walk to the Greenbriar Restaurant like we did, the local maps lie about how close it is to the town.

On the other hand, the riding around Gatlinburg is super. IMO, Franklin and Robbinsville, NC would center you better for great roads.

...On the other hand, the riding around Gatlinburg is super. IMO, Franklin and Robbinsville, NC would center you better for great roads.
Cherokee, Bryson City, and Murphy are also good bases for travel. Definitely south side. SW side like ionbeam says if you want to be able to skirt around the park to get to the north side.

Well, had to cancel the trip yesterday. I have to leave for Monterey, Ca 3 days earlier....... On the plus side, going to ride the FJR to Cali!

If any of you come thru Roanoke on the BRP let me know. The parkway is my backyard. Im always up for a quick meet and greet. If you do come thru here, stop at the Peaks of Otter on the BRP. Neat place, good food.

If any of you come thru Roanoke on the BRP let me know. The parkway is my backyard. Im always up for a quick meet and greet. If you do come thru here, stop at the Peaks of Otter on the BRP. Neat place, good food.
I'll be passing through southbound on May 30; I'll be on my GSX1100G on the way to a rally in Maggie Valley. I usually make a pit stop at the camp store at Peaks. I'll be doing it again the third week in October; likely be on the Wing that time. Never get tired of riding the Parkway.

I will be in the area 4/29-5/1. This is a yearly event held at CLS (Camp Liviing Stone) Google and check the camp out. We have about 20-25 riders each year. The staff are all great people and go the extra mile for there guest. We get two nights lodging and four meals (Sunday is a fruit and cereal breakfast) and the cost is $55. Matt Cushing is the planner for this event 423-572-0664. This is a ride on your own, no planned ride event, just go and enjoy. Hey if you want you can even do a dual sport ride if that is your thing. I'll be on my silver 03.