Gen II Front Cowl removal?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdisher

formerly Renegade, get used to it.
Reaction score
Has anyone documented the front cowl removal process for a Gen II?

(Yes I did search but didn't find anything good)

Want to have my ducks in a row when my HID upgrades come in.

I've not even had my side plastics off yet, and yes I do have a service manual.

Thanks, in advance...

Yes! I downloaded a scanned tech bulletin that told how to remove the cowl to replace the speedometer. I can't seem to find it online right now, but if you still can't find it by the time I get home, I'll e-mail the pdf to you.

ADMIN Note: Not from this board please. Do not engage in piracy of copyrighted material....which that bulletin clearly is......on this board. We do not need Yamaha legal sending us letters. Thank you. The Management

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes! I downloaded a scanned tech bulletin that told how to remove the cowl to replace the speedometer. I can't seem to find it online right now, but if you still can't find it by the time I get home, I'll e-mail the pdf to you.
Ah! Good Call!

I had totally forgotten about that pdf... I saved it as I have yet to do the 17mpg guage fix.

It's here: ADMIN NOTE: Link removed as it was to copyrighted material...and that's not cool on this board. Yes, it's a great bulletin, but until you convince Yamaha to grant permission to republish....it won't be on this forum.

If anyone else is looking for it.

It sounds like the info in the Pdf bulletin would be valuable information. Is there anyway to convey a simplified or similar information document that does not cause issues? It sounds like perfect Bin of Facts type data that many would benefit from. I seem to recall that one of our more famous members paraphrased a similar document a few months ago. How about it Yamaha, how about helping out your customers?

It sounds like the info in the Pdf bulletin would be valuable information. Is there anyway to convey a simplified or similar information document that does not cause issues? It sounds like perfect Bin of Facts type data that many would benefit from.
Sure, there's a very easy way.

Ignore the bulletin so you won't be tempted to copy it, and somebody takes apart their cowling while taking pictures and documenting the process...much like Warchild did for the Gen I on dash panels. He'd probably even host it if somebody approached him with a complete procedure.

It sounds like the info in the Pdf bulletin would be valuable information. Is there anyway to convey a simplified or similar information document that does not cause issues? It sounds like perfect Bin of Facts type data that many would benefit from.
Sure, there's a very easy way.

Ignore the bulletin so you won't be tempted to copy it, and somebody takes apart their cowling while taking pictures and documenting the process...much like Warchild did for the Gen I on dash panels. He'd probably even host it if somebody approached him with a complete procedure.
I plan to document the process when the weather breaks and I get to do this in person.

So if you can wait, hang tight. If you are still looking for the pdf, it shouldn't be that hard to find.

While I seriously doubt MamaYammah would ever come down on the FJRFroum for posting a tech bulletin, I can certainly appreciate their not wanting to find out.

While I seriously doubt MamaYammah would ever come down on the FJRFroum for posting a tech bulletin, I can certainly appreciate their not wanting to find out.
Thank you, because I have had personal contact with a magazine about some copyrighted material and had to redact . It was handled with a civil PM, but could have been uglier.

And maybe Yamaha wouldn't, but they also monitor this forum and may neglect to send a trailer of FJR's to some regional event or it may ignore the next technical problem no matter how nicely we document it. So, we should all try and not flaunt copyright on this board.

What we all do in private is our own business.

Latest posts