• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

GenMar type Bar Risers for 2nd / 3rd Gen FJRs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred W

1 Wheel Drive
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
SOLD!!

GenMar clone handlebar risers for all 2nd & 3rd Gen FJRs including ES. These risers are the type that fit between the handlebars and stock upper triple clamp, and raise the bars up 1". I installed and used these on my 2014 ES, but ended up biting the bullet and spending the big bucks for a HeliBar Bridge after I installed a Russell seat and these were no longer enough of a rise.

These risers retain the three position adjustment (under the riser) and the bars sit in one position on top of the riser.

While I had them, I tried knocking the outboard pins out of each riser, and installing them with one only pin so the bar angles could be adjusted. While that did allow angle changes, it wasn't quite what I was looking, for so I put the pins back into place. Pivoting the bars around did scuff up the paint on the top and bottom surfaces (hidden when installed), but the outside part that is exposed is in good shape with only a few tiny nicks in the paint from keys or something.

The base material is aluminum, so you could strip them down if you wanted to, though the paint is a pretty reasonable match for the paint on the handlebars and triple clamp.

They work fine with the stock cables and hoses, and the required longer attachment hardware bolts are included, of course. Like most other handlebar risers for Gen2/3, you do need to clip the steel wire cable guides at the front of the triple clamps to get the stock handlebar hardware off. For an idea of what the full installation entails, these install pretty much identically to the GenMar units. GenMar Installation Instructions

Special note for 3rd Genners, I found that these risers moved the bars up and back just enough to allow you to use Vstrom handguards without them contacting the "boobs" on the center dash panel, which they would do otherwise.

I paid $60 plus $10 for shipping for these from eBay. I'll take $50 and I'll cover the shipping (CONUS) via USPS Priority Mail. Paypal "Friends and Family" preferred.

004.jpg

001.jpg

Look like this when installed

photo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: