Gentlemen, I've gone to the dark side...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRBilldo

Reaction score
Sold the FJR and bought a Euro-slut.

_BPP9511-Edit_zpsk0gdn9xc.jpg

And here she is hooked up to the PC getting a new tune. Handy being able to do everything the dealer can from your own garage.

11891426_10205136701962087_2889052023367893881_o_zps1n16pbtn.jpg

The reasons behind this:

1. I commute 64 miles round trip every day on the bike. In L.A. traffic on a bike as big and heavy as the FJR I was finding myself kind of drained when I go home.

2. I was missing a smaller, lighter, "flickable" bike.

3. I felt (for me) it was time to get back to the soul of motorbiking. Feel the wind in my face with minimal electronic gadgetry.

4. I discovered the Triumph triple engine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! While not the most powerful or fastest bike out there, it is BY FAR THE MOST FUN BIKE I HAVE EVER RIDDEN. By a huge margin.

5. Massive torque down low. 90% of the power is down where I need it.

6. Wheelies.

7. Wheelies.

8. Wheelies.

9. Front tire should last forever.

10. The sound of this engine is nothing short of addicting. It sounds like no other bike I've ever heard. My face hurts after every ride from grinning.

11. Build quality is exceptional!

12. Wanted something slightly out of the ordinary. While certainly not an "exotic" to me it's less common to see a brit bike than rice burner.

If no one minds I'll stay on the forum occasionally lurking. You never know when another FJR might land in my garage. If I was a rich man I would have kept both machines.

Thanks to all for your guidance and support while I was here!

Bill

Sold the FJR and bought a Euro-slut.

_BPP9511-Edit_zpsk0gdn9xc.jpg

And here she is hooked up to the PC getting a new tune. Handy being able to do everything the dealer can from your own garage.

11891426_10205136701962087_2889052023367893881_o_zps1n16pbtn.jpg

The reasons behind this:

1. I commute 64 miles round trip every day on the bike. In L.A. traffic on a bike as big and heavy as the FJR I was finding myself kind of drained when I go home.

2. I was missing a smaller, lighter, "flickable" bike.

3. I felt (for me) it was time to get back to the soul of motorbiking. Feel the wind in my face with minimal electronic gadgetry.

4. I discovered the Triumph triple engine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! While not the most powerful or fastest bike out there, it is BY FAR THE MOST FUN BIKE I HAVE EVER RIDDEN. By a huge margin.

5. Massive torque down low. 90% of the power is down where I need it.

6. Wheelies.

7. Wheelies.

8. Wheelies.

9. Front tire should last forever.

10. The sound of this engine is nothing short of addicting. It sounds like no other bike I've ever heard. My face hurts after every ride from grinning.

11. Build quality is exceptional!

12. Wanted something slightly out of the ordinary. While certainly not an "exotic" to me it's less common to see a brit bike than rice burner.

If no one minds I'll stay on the forum occasionally lurking. You never know when another FJR might land in my garage. If I was a rich man I would have kept both machines.

Thanks to all for your guidance and support while I was here!

Bill

poster_spam.gif
There's the door! Just kidding. They are a fun ride. My wife has a Triumph TT600 with a 600 Daytona engine, where it's not a Triple, it is fun to be able to flick around. I can't wait to get the registration done on it and steal it when she isn't looking.

Have fun, ride safe, and don't be a stranger.
punk.gif

Carl

Thanks guys. Only have 1500 miles on it so far but every second thus far has been bliss. Impossible to tell someone how fun these bikes are. If you get the cane...ride one.

I've had a '99 Speed Triple since my first demo ride knocked my socks off. Demo'ed every one I could at Daytona until they (quite stupidly) stopped doing NikeWeek demos. My last demo, they did the standard 'No wheelies, no stoppies, no sling-shotting' speech. I don't think we made it a mile before the bike changed lanes at very low throttle -- no contact between the front tire and the pavement. Demo lead rider told me they understood it wasn't really possible to avoid all loft, just tried to keep it under some level of control...

Congrats on the new bike! The sides of that rear tire, are in some serious need of "attention". :)

She is going to break your heart one of these days.

FJR is a wife, where Triumph is a one night stand...

Congratulations on the new ride. Your description sounds like mine of 'Roxanne' - just too much fun.

With just one bike, it's easy to not have jealous girlz in the garage.

Have fun!

Latest posts