Gerbring dual heat troller

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregory

Great things are afoot
Reaction score
Greetings all,

Am thinking about purchasing a dual heat troller from gerbring. I do not as of yet have the heated gloves, but will one day. My question is do those of you that have both the jacket and the gloves, do you feel that it is necessary to be able to heat each one independently?

TIA,

Greg

Yes. At about 15 degrees I need my gloves full throttle. My liner only half that. I tried without the controller and was toasted.

Greetings all,
Am thinking about purchasing a dual heat troller from gerbring. I do not as of yet have the heated gloves, but will one day. My question is do those of you that have both the jacket and the gloves, do you feel that it is necessary to be able to heat each one independently?
I've never felt the need to heat each glove independently.

:)

Seriously though, depending on the temps, I will often have my gloves at a higher temp than my liner. Independent control is a good thing.

Yes, definitely. I run the gloves at a different temp than the jacket and would be miserable without being able to.

DSCN0565.jpg

I certainly agree with the need for dual unit. Like the others, when it's really cold I need more juice to the gloves than the jacket liner.

However, DO NOT buy a Gerbing unit. Buy the original Heat-Troller from WARM-n-SAFE The Gerbing is just a Chinese copy of an older version.

I bought one, installed it and decided I didn't want to risk it failing when I needed it so sold it to someone else with full disclosure and bought the H-T dual mounted unit. The workmanship is better on the W-n-S and the control knob units are smaller and easier to fit under the dash panels.

edit: If your jacket is not wired dual circuit, you can send it back in and they will modify it for you for a minimal cost.

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings all,

TIA,

Greg

absolutely necessary! i run the gloves and socks on high and the jacket and pants on low, sometimes medium. good luck, jevers