Get Busy Living

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pants, super excited that you were able to find a sweet low low mileage redhead that's hardly been ridden. I love that color myself and really struggled to not trade in my 07 against one.

My wife was involved in a low speed accident in August due to oil on the road that left her with a broken rib and a totaled Harley. We ended up replacing her pride and joy HD with a very nice BMW. One of the things that helped her with getting back and up to speed was riding with me or with some other friends for the first few trips. It's a little scary after having gone down to get back to the level you were at pre-accident. Riding with others who understand and have patience to gently prod you along yet give you time can help.

Keep us posted and keep banking that good karma.

This is not a shameless bump to my ride report.

This morning, a co-worker asked me something about Utah and I wanted to find one of my pictures to show her what I was talking about. After she left my office, I couldn't resist flipping through the pictures. And then I started reading your replies to my report, specifically your well wishes and predictions that soon "everything would be OK".

Well, you were right. Everything is OK, just as you predicted. The crash has been pushed way back, and all I have from this trip is extremely fond memories of time spent with great friends on adventure. Sometimes while I'm riding now, I get a flashback of the crash, and a twinge of fear in my hands. But I consider that a blessing - it reminds me to stay vigilant and aware.

But in the end... ya'll were right. The world didn't end.....

You knuckleheads are pretty darn smart!!

Stay thirsty, my friends....

You knuckleheads are pretty darn smart!!
Do not mistake "experienced" for "smart." They are not the same.
wink.png