Getting High in Colorado

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for taking me along. The trips with you save me a fortune on motels.

Now to change out of my rain gear and clean the bugs off of my computer screen!

Last edited by a moderator:
Terrific pix! Looks like you had a great time. I've never ridden in that part of the Rockies. It's on the list now! Gotta do the two peaks and some fishing in those streams.

Terrific pix! Looks like you had a great time. I've never ridden in that part of the Rockies. It's on the list now! Gotta do the two peaks and some fishing in those streams.
Some amazing country out there... definitely worth the time! B)

Thanks for taking me along. The trips with you save me a fortune on motels.
Now to change out of my rain gear and clean the bugs off of my computer screen!
Just don't make vroom vroom noises... the spit on the monitor is a bitch to get off... :lol:

Great eye Tyler! I've been to most of those locations, even have similar shots but mine don't compare.
Thanks! But I'm guessing it's a challenge to get a photo that really represents what you see no matter who you are... it's so much more spectacular in person! B)

Well done, as expected. Your camera (and photographic ability) are very good. I can frame the shot, but I can't get the depth of field you show in your shots. Very envious of this, indeed.

I'm kicking around a tour to Colorado - perhaps early next month. Been there many times in the cage - especially the northern half. I'm thinking about staying on the southern and western part this time for the bike tour.

Well done, as expected. Your camera (and photographic ability) are very good. I can frame the shot, but I can't get the depth of field you show in your shots. Very envious of this, indeed.
I'm kicking around a tour to Colorado - perhaps early next month. Been there many times in the cage - especially the northern half. I'm thinking about staying on the southern and western part this time for the bike tour.
Thanks, HP... definitely shoot for early Sept as I hear winter starts early out in those parts... and bring rain gear cause if you don't get rained on in Colorado, you're not riding enough! ;) :lol: Some absolutely stunning country... if I could go back right now, I would! B)

Thanks Tyler. I'm headed there in about 2 1/2 weeks. Your report got me all excited!! I'm REALLY looking forward to it now!

Great RR and pics as always.

Tyler, I just saw this RR and I try to watch for your reports and spectacular pics. Iris and I went up Mount Evens about 4 years ago and had to turn around just before we got to the top because it started spitting snow. We were there in June and there were still 10' high snow banks on one side of the road. We missed going up Pikes Peak, but saw many other beautiful sites while in Colorado and New Mexico. Thanks again for sharing your photos.

Jim

Tyler, I just saw this RR and I try to watch for your reports and spectacular pics. Iris and I went up Mount Evens about 4 years ago and had to turn around just before we got to the top because it started spitting snow. We were there in June and there were still 10' high snow banks on one side of the road. We missed going up Pikes Peak, but saw many other beautiful sites while in Colorado and New Mexico. Thanks again for sharing your photos.
Jim
Hey Jim... Colorado is an amazing place and, from what I've heard, weather can be an issue. I'm glad I was able to experience the things that I did... give it another try some time... ya just never know when the time will be right... and actually, the time is always right for whatever you experience, don't you think? ;)

Hi Tyler, thanks for the RR and excellent pics.

Wow, 14,000 feet! The highest paved pass in Europe is the Col de la Bonette (France) at "just" 9,200 ft.
not_i.gif

Hi Tyler, thanks for the RR and excellent pics.
Wow, 14,000 feet! The highest paved pass in Europe is the Col de la Bonette (France) at "just" 9,200 ft.
not_i.gif
The European passes may not be as high but they are just as beautiful... rode many of them (Stelvio, Ombrail, Furkapass, etc.) when I was out there a few years ago. Mt. Evans reminded me of those passes even if I did get a little dizzy at the top! ;)

Since they are Tyler's pictures, how could they be anything other than "lovely"?

I freely admit to being insanely jealous of Tyler's photog skills. I am also insanely jealous of those lucky rascals who have had the privilege of riding with Miss Tyler. One day...

Since they are Tyler's pictures, how could they be anything other than "lovely"?

I freely admit to being insanely jealous of Tyler's photog skills. I am also insanely jealous of those lucky rascals who have had the privilege of riding with Miss Tyler. One day...
Very true. I have seen Tyler taking some of her photos. Not only is there talent involved, but time and effort.