Givi E52 and brake light kit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vampyre

Reaction score
I have searched, and not had much luck.

I am getting ready to order a GIVI E52 trunk for my 2007 FJR. I see there is a brake light kit available for it for $54.

https://www.sporttour.com/luggage/givi/case_e-52.htm

Anyone have any experience with this? Is there a better system out there?

I will be taking my trunk on and off quite a bit most likely, depending on the usage, and thought I had seen somewhere where the GIVI plate has a contact connection for the lights (no wire harness to unplug when removing the case)

Any advice or experience would be very helpful!

Thanks,

Chris

I have a V46 on my 03 and the brake light isn't that bright during the day but at night it is easily seen. It looks good and I haven't had any problems with the mounting bracket or the contact in the mount. A friend of mine has the new V55 (I think that's the model) on his Spider and I got his V46 they both work fine on either bike, brake lights included. For the money I expected a little more in the way of lights and wiring but it works well. Hope this helps.

Here is the link for the newer E55: E55 Clicky from SportTour.com

A quote:

"The elements that stand out are many, from the two wide bicoloured tail lamps, specially designed for MAXIA 3, to the double stop light (optional), to the operations of opening and unhooking, openable with a single hand or even via remote control (optional), "

I like the look of the lights more than my E52, with it being taller in size it could be better as a back rest but, it won't do your center of gravity any good.

Last edited by a moderator:
The brake light kit includes a contact button on the bottom of the case for the electrical connection. Nothing to plug or unplug.

As stated before, they are not quite as bright as the bike's brake lights, but at night they are pretty effective.

Last edited by a moderator:
+2 for Admorelight kit. I believe its the only light kit that does both the brake and turn signals. Ive had mine for nearly a year and I love it. Easy to install and works as advertised.

How do those contacts work? And does the admore lighting work with a contact of some sort so I can remove the trunk whenever I want without much hassle?

In the pic below, you see the latch sticking up at the back of the mount, and next to it, just to the left in the pic, is a button. That button has the two brake light contacts in it. A similar button is in the bottom of the case, with the spring-loaded pins that touch those contacts.

Givi-3.jpg