Givi SR357 and E460 on 2007 FJR1300

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Concourier

Reaction score
This forum has been so helpful in so many ways as I'm learning more about my new FJR. One of the items I had been researching is how I might re-use my old Givi topcase from my Concours C10. The discussions comparing the Universal Givi mounting plate to the SR357 Rack were invaluable. I went with the assumed stronger application of the SR357, but felt I was pulling the trigger a bit blindly, as I couldn't really find good photos of what the results might look like.

So I've placed some Before and after photos up here in case its helpful for others thinking about this modification:

ShutterPilot

Hope you find it helpful

Thanks for the comparison pics, really helpful! I just took a 650+ mile day trip taking only the factory Yamaha top case with me. Switching bike with my riding buddy, I was shocked at how much the Yammie topcase pitches and wobbles at 80 on the interstate. Pretty smooth section of road and with only about 10 lbs of gear loaded it seemed to be giving the tail section a bad workout. :(

May be upgrading to a Givi setup this summer... I like how yours turned out but I'd probably go with the E55 case just for long trip room.

I recently got the E55 myself with the same bracket shown in the photos here, I am delighted with it, loads of storage and I had it up around 90 with it and the side bags fully loaded and I did not even know it was behind me. I could not recommend the E55 highly enough, I love mine.

Oh Yeah - the E55 case looks great, and the extra room would be appreciated. Just re-used my 46 to save moola, as I only had to buy the rack ($135 and free shipping from https://www.sporttour.com/shopexd.asp?id=2525)

I've had it past 100 indicated solo, and had no impression what-so-ever that it was back there, and seems solid as a rock.

Thanks, your pictures give me a great visual. I'm worried it's going to interfere with my pillion mount fuel cell. But I'll just ask the guy who welded my rear subframe to help modify the fuel cell to work with this mount.
rolleyes.gif

Latest posts