GIVI Tanklock bag

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I,m the guy who started this thread. Bought the small GIVI tanklock bag after watching their commercial thinking this would be a great addition but unfortunately received it after reading here that my Helibars setup would interfere and not allow me to turn the handlebars. Sure enough upon receipt I sadly discovered this was true and that it doesn,t work with the Helibars setup and I now have to return it

Damn! it was the perfect size and was just what I was looking for!! Does the Bags Connection product work with an FJR equipped with the Helibars riser triple clamp setup? I,m just looking for a small flange mounted setup that would hold a few incidentals like phone, wallet, water bottle, keys etc and be compatable with the Helibar setup I have

Any suggestions? thanks

My GenII with a Helibar triple clamp does not have a problem with the bars hitting the Bags Connection bag. See previous post that has a link to the bag that I am using. The bars did hit both the small and large Givi bag.

Ok, I,m the guy who started this thread. Bought the small GIVI tanklock bag after watching their commercial thinking this would be a great addition but unfortunately received it after reading here that my Helibars setup would interfere and not allow me to turn the handlebars. Sure enough upon receipt I sadly discovered this was true and that it doesn,t work with the Helibars setup and I now have to return itDamn! it was the perfect size and was just what I was looking for!! Does the Bags Connection product work with an FJR equipped with the Helibars riser triple clamp setup? I,m just looking for a small flange mounted setup that would hold a few incidentals like phone, wallet, water bottle, keys etc and be compatable with the Helibar setup I have

Any suggestions? thanks
Couldn't you take the bag ring off and move the bag back until clearance, drill new holes and reinstall the bag mount.

Nope! it would still sit too high and interfere with turning the bars

Jack D I like the fact that your Bags Connection unit does not interfere with the turning bars however I,m not looking for a bag that large. I,m interested in something the size of the small GIVI bag

Does anyone know if Bags Connection offers a small flange mounted bag setup that again would not interfere with turning the handlebars with the Helibars triple clamp riser unit?

Nope! it would still sit too high and interfere with turning the bars
Jack D I like the fact that your Bags Connection unit does not interfere with the turning bars however I,m not looking for a bag that large. I,m interested in something the size of the small GIVI bag

Does anyone know if Bags Connection offers a small flange mounted bag setup that again would not interfere with turning the handlebars with the Helibars triple clamp riser unit?
Take a look here, might have something smaller in size:

https://www.twistedthrottle.com/shop-by-product/luggage-racks/tank-bags?brand=SW-MOTECH+Bags-Connection&tank_bag_type=Quick-release

I tried to get a Givi tank-lock bag for two months & the one I wanted was always on backorder. Wound up getting the SW-Motech Bags-Connection bag shown in another poster's pictures in this thread. It was pricey, but it's perfect in every respect & works with my MV risers.

The tank ring of the bags connection bag is smaller & less obtrusive than the Givi ring so the tank looks better if you ride without the bag at times.

Thanks everyone. I just ordered the Bags Connection ION 1 Quicklock Tanklock system Hopefully this will work with my Helibars setup as this bag is relatively small

Does the Bags Connection Evo City bag stay up off the tank well? I read a review that said when the items inside work their way to the back of the bag from bouncing and vibration, it sags on to the tank. Twisted throttle has a few reviews but they weren't all that positive. This looks like the perfect size and I really don't want handlebar interference either so.. still considering it.

Mine doesn't stay up off the tank at the rear at all, regardless of whether it's empty or full (maybe it would "hover" on other bikes; not on the FJR). That said, who cares? The bottom (back) part that touches is a soft rubberized material and it does no harm where it contacts the tank whatsoever. A great product and perfect for the FJR as far as bar clearance is concerned - go for it!

Oh, and I recommend spending the extra dough for the electrified tank ring - it's really nice to be able to charge a phone, etc. in the bag with no fuss.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks CA G-Man. Does the electrical connection need to be on switched power? Or does it have its own way of not draining the battery. I am going to buy one when my credit card recovers from my Russell Day Long seat and outfitting my wife with a new set of gear and helmet and Bluetooth comms. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing fancy about the tank ring system; it will drain the battery if you leave something plugged in when stopped. My practice, though, is to always take the bag with me so I never have to worry about that. You could run it through a switch system if you prefer.

I used a tank ring kit from cortech and converted my magnetic Nelson Rigg to a quick release one.