Givi V46 Light Kit Install

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claymore

Reaction score
Am headed out on a 12-day boot down the Oregon Coast tomorrow. Got my Givi V46 and light kit at the last possible moment (yesterday....) The install itself went reasonably well, however the installation instructions rate a -10 out of 10. Nasty.

So I got the light kit mounted in the top box OK. The wonderful instructions stop at the box, however.

I assume now I have to drill a hole in the mounting plate (no big deal) and splice the wires into the brake circuit.

Question: where have you guys spliced this in? Right at the taillight assembly? Which color codes? :dribble:

Thanks!

You need a hole in the bottom of the case and in the mounting plate. There's a "cutout" for both (there's connectors for each). I spliced into the brake lights back there, I forget the color. However, just get a meter, and test which is the brake light wire. I never "trust" that the wire harnesses are all consistant color-wise (although I'm sure they are), I always test the wire first.