Givi V56 Maxia-4 Top Case Purchase

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is going on a BMW 1600 so we don't have the specifics as to weather the frame can withstand the extra load or not. Maybe KJ can provide pic's if he is installing the Givi.

Not an FJR,

Dave

Where did you get the plate? I do like the case a lot. I will have to show this to the boss and try and get aproval.
Dave

This is going on a BMW 1600 so we don't have the specifics as to weather the frame can withstand the extra load or not. Maybe KJ can provide pic's if he is installing the Givi.
Not an FJR,

Dave
TwistedThrottle.com, and Revzilla has it as well, but you will want the FJR sized up one.

It's aluminum but heavy! I have it but haven't mounted it to the K16 yet. The very clear w pics directions ahve me taking off the OEM tail plate and replacing it entirely with this one. Not sure if I likey that or not.

The OEM top-case for my bike is definitely the ticket. No mounting plate at all required, fits right on the tail rack with zero modifications. Has remote locking/unlocking from my keyfob or the handlebar button (if the key is in the ignition). Bike is pre-wired w a tether for it under the rear seat....

I'm getting cold feet on this 3rd party top case now!
fool.gif

Just don't wanna put out the BIG bucks for the BMW case right now, but boy, is it purrrrrfect! (and, I wish I had BeemerDonS moolah!)

So my V56NT may be up for sale, way before she ever gets mounted!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the PMs. I should of noted.......

Sold this 5min after posting that I was getting rid or it. I de-boxed it only to inspect as it came in from Italy. Case looks really really nice. Kind of had 2nd thoughts and this was a half hearted sale on my part.

V56NT for anybody also wanting one. Mine was preordered almost 2mos ago and I know US dealers still do not have these. Guess one reason why it sold so quickly.

Rather than wire it up, I modified mine to run off a 9v battery by the latch. It lasts about a week of riding (LEDs don't draw much current) before perceptible dimming, and makes it super easy to remove the case. Not that the contact fitting it comes with is that bad.

Rather than wire it up, I modified mine to run off a 9v battery by the latch. It lasts about a week of riding (LEDs don't draw much current) before perceptible dimming, and makes it super easy to remove the case. Not that the contact fitting it comes with is that bad.
So this is just a running light then?

Yes. Their stock lighting is on when the bike is on. No interaction with brake or turn signals. It looks great and works well, visibility wise, but I wish they came stock with brake and turn signal interaction. You shouldn't have to resort to DIY like admore for that, in my opinion

Last edited by a moderator:
Boy that case is sexy, if I wasn't going on my trip I would buy it, but if I buy It I can't go on the trip
nono.gif
But, if you go on this trip, you sure can make good use of it -vs- it sitting home and not being used.

Just my thought and I'm not even the seller anymore, it's long gone! :)

Looks nice. My E55 (apples to oranges) has been nice. Only complaint is that the lid won't stay up very well.
I just bent the little tabs that act as stoppers. So on one side it goes past the stopper position. And I just give it a quick pull towards me when I want to release it. Very easy fix. Mine never falls, even in wind.

Latest posts