Go Pro HD

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got one on ebay earlier for 270 shipped.

Bill don't forget you need a LARGE SDHC card (16 or 32 gig) they recommend Kingston and at least a class 4...

Amazon has both, 16gb for $38 and 32gb for $82

R

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got to watch the video. I liked the different angles. Can't wait to se what's next. And I liked the song. OM sucks!
DuranDuranFan posters in your bedroom? :blink:
More than you'll ever know, Old Michael! I've been to johnny80s beautiful California classic home in Fallbrook; fantastico palacio! On the wall of his garage he has a life size poster of Simon Le Bon, autographed by Simon. It reads: "My Dearest Johnny, I can only think of you with my very warmest thoughts and hottest anticipation of our being together again soon! With Love and Wet Kisses, Your Simon"! When johnny80s is lounging around his wonderful home, he wears a gold wrist bracelet with bejeweled miniature statuettes of John and Roger Taylor dangling from it. Oh yeah, there has to be Duran Duran posters in Juan's bedroom! Con mucho gusto!

Ok back on topic......

Scott here are the camera locations.

1st clip was mounted here.

DSC_4137.jpg

2nd clip was mounted here

DSC_4139.jpg

3rd clip was mounted here with different camera.

DSC_4149.jpg

4th clip was mounted here.

DSC_4135.jpg

I have ordered some more mounts and will try them out over the weekend.

R

I did use a safety wire when it was mounted behind me, and also some tie straps when it was on the slider but id didn't look like it was going to go anywhere.

R

I got this camera a couple of months ago. This is a really great camera! The mounting kits that comes with the HD Motorsport version are pretty good, but I found the Ram Mounts system. It's important to me to be able to change the camera angles quickly on rides so the other riders are not waiting for me to change camera positions. The Ram mounts make changing camera views easy and quick. Here are a few photos of my mounting positions on my GS (sorry no pics for the FJR yet).

CIMG1418.jpg

CIMG1399.jpg

CIMG1409.jpg

CIMG1408.jpg

I would also recommend that you do not put all your eggs into one basket. Using those huge 16gb and 32gb cards are risky cause I have had a few off brand 16gb go bad after a couple times use. Better to use several 4 or 8 gb cards so you don't loose any long videos on a trip because they are all on ONE card. Also the battery only last for 2.5 hours, so a 8gb card should be good for that length video. When the battery pack expansion comes out soon I might get a 16gb so I can record 5 hours.

Also be prepared to invest in more hard drive storage space and make sure your PC has a fast processor!!!

Actually i bought a couple of extra batteries, I also always travel with a laptop so i can transfer files every night.

I did actually notice that the 1080P videos did slow down the PC but had now effect on the Mac...

All is good for now.....

R

The coast is sooo greeeen. I think you hit about 50 degree lean on some of those corners. Very nice. JDog- watch out!!!