Going for a BBG3000 5/28 - 5/29

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NTXFJR

Reaction score
Last week Tony posted up on wanting to attempt a Trifecta, 4500 miles in 3 days. He will start out in Florida on 5/27 and end up in Cali when it's all said and done. Not sure how this happened, but I got talked into riding along attempting to keep up with him for his legs 2 and 3. He's already done a Trifecta before, so if anyone can do it, I know he can.

I don't have a BBG3000 yet and figured wth, what could be more fun than a trip to Cali. I know, let's go out there, then back to Texas, and back out there again, it will be twice the fun.

Our plan is to meet up in Sonora Tx and head out at early Sunday morning 5/28. He's doing the route planning and fuel stops, I'm just along for the ride on this one, which means I don't have to do any work, all I gotta do is stay awake for 2 days. It's gonna be quite challenging for a young pup like me to keep up with the big dog.

Spotwalla link:

https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=14276590cd95b3df96

Day 1- Sonora Tx to Jacumba Hot Springs Ca, then Lordsburg NM.

Day 2- Lordsburg NM to Sonora Tx, then El Centro Ca.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's doing the route planning and fuel stops, I'm just along for the ride on this one, which means: We are screwed. It's gonna be quite challenging for a young pup like me to Drag along a Tired old dog.
I fixed it for you.

My planning… A) Swing leg

B) Go

C) Hope for the best
uhoh.gif

Hmmmm... Mike, I seem to remember a ride with you when we rode through a rain storm. I will never forget you saying to me (With a big smile) "You know, most people would have pulled over back there".

So classic... good memory!

^^^ haha I remember it quite well. But the thing is, not even a good down pour can stop the clock. It keeps on ticking so you keep on riding. One nice thing about it though, it slowed the rest of traffic to a snails pace too.

You guys have fun on your upcoming ride.

So, starting in Sonora, TX? And riding with Tony. That means you're heading to Mariposa, CA and YFO, I'm guessing. Did you happen to know Mariposa is 55 miles from Sonora, CA? Coincidence?

Could be the first-ever documented 2-man Sonora-to-Sonora double BBG!

And you could return to Sonora, TX via Sonora, Mexico. Another 1,600 miles. Perfect.
wink.png

So, starting in Sonora, TX? And riding with Tony. That means you're heading to Mariposa, CA and YFO, I'm guessing. Did you happen to know Mariposa is 55 miles from Sonora, CA? Coincidence?
Could be the first-ever documented 2-man Sonora-to-Sonora double BBG!

And you could return to Sonora, TX via Sonora, Mexico. Another 1,600 miles. Perfect.
wink.png
Mike:

Please Don't Feed the Animals !!! (Or give them any ideas)

Headed for Sonora Tx in a little bit. Will meet Tony there and around 4 am it's game on! His gps should be active already.

I thought I would share some pics of Craig's BBG3000:

Rock steady Riding

Nice looking bike doing some big time miles

Craig in El Centro with a highly desired finish receipt

"Thats it… that was all I had to do… too easy"

Wow, I didn't realize I looked so rough! No, I'm not sleeping, just taking a little cat nap between shutter snaps. Iirc, it was still in the 90's even at 1 am. Ah, a pillow never felt so good. Here's one of Tony, he did 3 legs and looks ready for another. I'm starting to suspect he's done this kind of thing before. 3 fingers for 3 BBG's back to back. Awesome.

IMG_3076_zpsjrvyohfq.jpg