Gold Country Recommendations

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EDIT: But let's see what, if anything, Hans takes advice on. Maybe he'll be too skeered to ride some of them twisty roads and just stay on the freeway.
wink.png
laugh.png
Plus most of those roads are too narrow for two cars side-by-side, so you can't split.

EDIT: But let's see what, if anything, Hans takes advice on. Maybe he'll be too skeered to ride some of them twisty roads and just stay on the freeway.
wink.png
laugh.png
It just wouldn't be prudent to lean the bike over very far. Risk management and all that.
Leaned it over pretty good on Parrots Ferry Road blasting on down to the bridge. Had it all to ourselves for once on the way to Murphys (seems like it's always a line of slow-moving traffic), and managed to scrape my pegs on both sides (which we all know ain't hard to do on an FJR). Maybe I should have left the rear pre-load on "hard."
huh.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I am surprised that Tyler missed "Tyler Foote crossing road" AKA county 129. You can take an FJR over it, no leaning and be careful. it is more befitting a KLR. Great views, steep cliffs, very narrow, some pavement, way off the beaten path.