• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Good Deal on Low Mil 2004 SoCal

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting. But whoever is selling it is a moron. It's not a 2004. It's a Gen II AE model. Looks to be a 2006 or 2007. Still a great deal assuming it's in great condition.

Oh, and the 2004 FJRs were part of the PDP program which Yamaha stupidly used and most were delivered in mid to late 2003 which makes them closer to 9 years old.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Skooter on this one. It is a Gen II AE. Probably not ridden much because of it herky jerky nature. Slap a G2 tube on that bad boy along with a Power commander and you would have a sweet ride. Given the very low price there is enough room to do this and still be able to turn around and sell it. For SoCAL with all of the highway trffic sitting this would be the machine.

Joe

My reasoning had more to do with the fact that it looks like someone stole the photo and wrote a generic description. The photo is grainy and looks screenshot. I have seen this posting "style" mimicked by many CL scammers. Low miles, low prices, ignorance combine to make me wonder.

My reasoning had more to do with the fact that it looks like someone stole the photo and wrote a generic description. The photo is grainy and looks screenshot. I have seen this posting "style" mimicked by many CL scammers. Low miles, low prices, ignorance combine to make me wonder.
Reading it again maybe not. My guess would be the poster is computer ignorant, found a pic of a bike like theirs on the net, printed it, scanned it, then uploaded. I would worry more about the lack of miles here than anything, I hate bikes that sit around forever. It's like the neighbor with the trophy wife who cheats, why waste a good thing?