Good god there good

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy Birthday!

They are incredible! I don't think I could ride the bike I paid for that aggressively, even if I had the skills (I don't pretend to). Here's another similar clip:

Sure you can, birthday boy!

Like the old joke about the guy visiting New York who asks, "How do I get to Radio City Music Hall?"

The answer, "Practice. Practice. Practice."

If you really want to be able to handle your FJR better, take the MSF rider course (advanced?), take other rider courses, read books and go to parking lots and practice the maneuvers, attend a Lee Parks Clinic. However you increase your knowledge, apply it in small steps and make it part of your riding regimen.

There are avenues of learning and application.

Would you ever be as skilled as the professional riders in these videos without spending the hours upon hours of practice they do? :nea:

Last edited by a moderator:
I asked a moto-cop about this stuff once upon a time, and he said you have to be real good just to apply for moto cop school. So he said what you have to do is get a beater bike and just practice practice practice. Beater 'cause you be droppin' it a lot.

When I took the MSF Experience Rider Course the first time I was working hard to do the figure 8s within the narrow box and was real proud of myself when I did it. Later I talked to one of the guys who didn't keep it in the box, and he said there's no way he was going to drop his bike just to keep it in the box.

Interesting how the cops in the vid drop a leg out for those start-from-stop U-turns.

Happy Birthday!
They are incredible! I don't think I could ride the bike I paid for that aggressively, even if I had the skills (I don't pretend to). Here's another similar clip:

Make sure to watch the last minute of this clip. It shows the guys that didn't make it all the way through.

I'm impressed. I second a previous post. You'd have to have a beater and practice. I did do the advance MSC with a Sporty, but I'm not sure I'd chance it on my FJR. Anybody gone through the advance class with their FJR?