Got My Fjr Test Ride Today!!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mighty Joe

Reaction score
Well after a year of reading and hanging around these sites I finally got my test ride. An FJR rider on this forum who lives about 25 minutes away from me named Trimmantom was gracious enough to let me ride the Famous Feejer!

Tom is a class act for doing that for me! Much thanks Tom, you're a stand up guy!

Now on to the test ride. First off, I would have been thrilled if Tom let me go around the block, or just sit on it for a while, but he took me on a 50mile run! How cool is that! B) I know I must've looked startled when he said "Got time for a 50 mile ride"? :eek:

Well, after my Saturday ride on the ST1300 and today on the FJR here is what I think:

1. Fun Factor.......FJR

2. Looks.............FJR

3. Seat...............Toms bike had an after market seat (hard to judge that one)

4. Windshield.......ST

5. Motor..............FJR

6. Brakes............Both

7. Comfort..........Both

My most pressing question was answered today. How will my 6'2" frame do on the FJR (Legs specifically) Answer: Just fine thank you very much!!!

Trimmantom......thanks again bro!!!

MJ

Last edited by a moderator:
There ya go. Proof positive that FJRForum is the hands down, absolute best group FJR people to be found anywhere. All in agreement ................... cheers! :agree:

He musta had the stocker ws on there, I defy anyone to rate the ST shield better than the electrically adjustable US Navy Blast Deflector made by C Bailey I have on Frank (+4+4 w/tuner). I can light a smoke at 70 mph behind it, after I've rolled it.... :p And good on ya trim, way to help a bro.

Last edited by a moderator:
He musta had the stocker ws on there, I defy anyone to rate the ST shield better than the electrically adjustable US Navy Blast Deflector made by C Bailey I have on Frank (+4+4 w/tuner). I can light a smoke at 70 mph behind it, after I've rolled it.... :p And good on ya trim, way to help a bro.
Radman,

Yeah, Tom had the stock windshield, but he has a taller one he uses during the colder months!

And yup, if all you FJR types are anything like Trimmantom than I feel honored to be a part of this forum for sure!

MJ

And yup, if all you FJR types are anything like Trimmantom than I feel honored to be a part of this forum for sure!

Well, other than radman fucking up the curve, we are a pretty decent lot of folks... :D

Dayang! we're bein' graded on a curve?

Soooo, Mighty Joe finally got his ride...someone cue up "Another One Bites The Dust".

wow...nice test ride there! That was very cool of trim to do, very gracious. I am often pleasantly surprised about the generosity of riders to each other...I should be getting used to it after all these years.

Glad you liked the FJR so much. To win/tie as you graded the bikes is quite a nice thing to say about any bike.

Thats the second Forum test ride a shopper in the last few weeks. The other was a Harley Rider. Way to go. TJ

My Friend just bought a ST1300 and we swithced for awhile....very interesting.

I would agree with all the points you listed (as would my friend) the ST does

have much better wind protection, its because the the winshield is closer to you

than on our feejers, but theres something very generic about the bike...i dunno

like it has no unique charachter or something, the sound is boring, maybe different

exhaust would help, I wouldnt trade my FJR for one thats for sure!!

Ray

Thats the second Forum test ride a shopper in the last few weeks. The other was a Harley Rider. Way to go. TJ
Yeah the other person who let the harley ride his bike was FJRANDY, famous farkler master of the horn variety.

My Friend just bought a ST1300 and we swithced for awhile....very interesting.
I would agree with all the points you listed (as would my friend) the ST does

have much better wind protection, its because the the winshield is closer to you

than on our feejers, but theres something very generic about the bike...i dunno

like it has no unique charachter or something, the sound is boring, maybe different

exhaust would help, I wouldnt trade my FJR for one thats for sure!!

Ray
Bostonfan,

Yeah, something very whitebread or Vanilla about the ST1300. But I just can't get past the better curb side appeal of the FJR.

MJ