GPS locator

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cota95

RI Beach Pop
Reaction score
I'm planning a solo long distance trip next spring and I was wondering if anyone knows of a gps locator that can be attached to the bike (or your person) that would allow the folks at home to track my progress?

^^^^^^ Unless they rigged it with tamper-proof explosives. . . .

A lot of Iron-butt riders were on star-traxx.com, maybe it's what you're looking for. Seems pricey, when a phone call, "Hey, I'm in Dallas" might suffice.

Damn! Treed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good thread at sport-touring.net.

You may want to pm member RBEmerson over there, he is quite knowledgable about electronics.

Steve

Clicky

Last edited by a moderator:
I used mobile locator on my business phones for awhile but ended up discontinuing it because it wasn't reliable enough. If there is no cell phone signal, the service defaults to the last cell phone tower the phone broadcast off of. In my particular case because I am on Long Island, the nearest cell phone tower might be in CT or RI so it would show the phone as being in that location. If accuracy isn't important to you, the cell phone mobile locators are probably the cheapest route to go.

Latest posts