Great Lakes Ride (s)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I missed catching him as he went passed Rockford by about 20 minutes. I wasn't planning on trying to catch him, but I woke up and figured I would give it a try. He is ahead of a pretty good line of storms, that is hitting Rockford now, by about an hour and a half. If he stops, hopefully it either is a quick stop, or a long one.

Hope the interstates are open around Chicago this morning. Yesterday morning when I left with the family in the family truckster, the Kennedy, the Edens, the Stevenson, and the Dan Ryan were all closed due to flooding! 5 inches of rain at Ohare in 2 hours. (the Kennedy and Ryan expressways are I90.)

We were able to get away to Asheville using 355 south to 80 east.

I am sure the Chicago area boys an clue you guys into present conditions, but it sure was freaky yesterday.

Reporting from Jeff Asheville, NC, on the way to Myrtle Beach...

Well hell. Went to bed with a migraine last night and figured I would miss Tony by a mile, assuming he would just blow through WI and IL overnight. Got up this morning and saw that he went by me about 30 minutes ago. :angry2: What a dude!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well this one should be in the Bank, he has 25 hours till he has to be at work tomorrow. :dribble: Another BBG for the guy with very little rest :blink:

Well this one should be in the Bank, he has 25 hours till he has to be at work tomorrow. :dribble: Another BBG for the guy with very little rest :blink:
SWEET JEEBUZ! He finished, turned right, and is headed south RIGHT NOW.

I'm not there, I don't know what kind of shape he's in, but it can't be good. After the miles he's done, in the heat, I've got to say, this is just f'n stupid.

SWEET JEEBUZ! He finished, turned right, and is headed south RIGHT NOW.

I'm not there, I don't know what kind of shape he's in, but it can't be good. After the miles he's done, in the heat, I've got to say, this is just f'n stupid.
F'n KRAZEE I say!! He's gotta be a zombie by now!!

Your right your not there and have no idea of his capablities nor his condition. Please try not to be so judgemental. Someone with less experience than you may think riding 1000 miles in 24 hours is stupid. :)

At this rate he's going to get 3 hours sleep before heading off to work tomorrow.. :clapping:

Going to wait until Wednesday to call him..

At this rate he's going to get 3 hours sleep before heading off to work tomorrow.. :clapping:

Going to wait until Wednesday to call him..
Let us know he is safe and sound as soon as you can, Bust! I have really enjoyed observing this thread. Tony is a great guy, he and I have talked many times when he is planning Southwest runs and he is a very strong long distance competitor. This FJR quest of his was really a ball-buster and he has pulled it off in fine style. Bravo, Excelente, Magnifico!

Looks like he got that sleep somewhere in Ga this morning.

If his 1pm work schedule still holds, he's going straight to work from the road. :blink:

Whew! Talk about a long day at work..

This little journey should make for an excellent ride report.

If his 1pm work schedule still holds, he's going straight to work from the road. :blink:

Please tell me he's not an air traffic controller!

Please tell me he's not an air traffic controller!
Nope, for sure he's not........ he's a transcontinental airline pilot!

I'm back home now...'

I hit some wonderful storms on the way home from Toledo. I decided early to take one more

vacation day for Monday. This gave me a chance to take it easy and scout out rest stops for

travel info. My wife and I will be doing a 2-up vacation in the Smokies in September. I timed

my finish with my wife's arrival home from work.

I think I had more "Stop Time" then road time, until I pushed it home from central Georgia

to home. The good thing is pulling in fresh from a trip, as opposed to crashing upon arrival.

Thanks to everyone who participated in the ride:

Barry (Bust) and Wayne (extrememarine) - Congrats on your SS1000 Huron ride. It was nice riding with you two.

Bungie - Give me a chance- I'll accept you were NOT in Hyder, AK last year. BTW- Why do your gas stations

reject american cards? Nice riding with you on your turf.

RA Yzerman 19- You gave us the needed spark on the Huron SS- Great riding in your dust!

stryg8r- D, you bailed me out! Not one meet-up, but two! You picked me up and put me back

on my feet. Then I got down 53 to find I94 "Closed" I think I finished the GLG in a

"Stumble" All is well that ends well !

pmeysemb- I wanted to get your picture with your sign... can you get one taken and get it to me?

Thanks for the support.

Thanks for those who helped with advice, I will try to get a ride report done...

Thanks for checking in with us, Tony! You are a Hell of a Man and that was one Hell of a Ride, Congratulations! Looking forward to the Ride Report, Brother!

Tony - Glad you made it home safely. Sorry I missed on your way through Chicagoland on Sunday. I guess I could blame it to the spot web site lag, but I just blew it. And yeah, I do recall that little detour where 53 fed into 94. It wasn't closed when I came through there late Friday night, but it was a challenge maneuvering through the construction barrels. Looking forward to seeing you at EOM. And riding your ride report.