Great Lakes Ride (s)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried Steve but my battery let me down 18 miles in.. :(
Ya know, right about here I'd start bustin' on bust about batteries in 'toys' or that you are capable of riding down to hand off a face shield. But I won't, because you 3 guys did one hell of a ride with the Iron Butt gods severely testing you. I'm pretty sure I would have bailed on it as soon as I saw the forecast.

I don't know if you guys are tough sumbitches or just stupid. Well, I know the answer to that 2 tough ones one stupid :D

I gotta admit it was warmish.. My balls are still stuck in me pants..

Truthfully, it was uncomfortable at times but it was far easier than I thought it would be..

Mental motivation played a big part when the heat was evil.. :) Add to it I wasn't going to fail in front of a Marine or ex Airborne.

Just checked Tony's Spot - holy shit, he's going through Toronto on the 401, during the morning rush hour, on what will most likely be the hottest day of the year. Judging by his start time he's planned it this way but missed the mark by a little bit.

Just checked Tony's Spot - holy shit, he's going through Toronto on the 401, during the morning rush hour, on what will most likely be the hottest day of the year. Judging by his start time he's planned it this way but missed the mark by a little bit.
He did backtrack to Toledo yesterday. Maybe that threw off his schedule. Wonder if he forgot his wallet at a gas stop or something?

It took him almost 2 hours to ride 40 miles through Toronto traffic! That's an average speed of 20 mph. Brutal with the clock ticking.

I gotta admit it was warmish.. My balls are still stuck in me pants.. the top drawer of Mizz Bustanut's kitchen cabinet!
Fixed it for you, Bust; no need to thank me, you are welcome! Papa Chuy Viejo is really enjoying this great thread, some really gutsy long distance riding by everyone is some really nasty conditions! Bravo, Excelente!

Well at least he got through before the heat got excessive..Supposed to hit 100 today :huh:

We Northerners ain't used to that stuff.

Well at least he got through before the heat got excessive..Supposed to hit 100 today :huh:

We Northerners ain't used to that stuff.
Tu Pendejo Grande, just suck it up you Big Pussy. 110F here in Phoenix yesterday and you don't see SkootyG and his Old Pappy whining and crying like a little bitch! Tu Pinche Cabron, ese!

Last edited by a moderator:
He did backtrack to Toledo yesterday. Maybe that threw off his schedule. Wonder if he forgot his wallet at a gas stop or something?

It took him almost 2 hours to ride 40 miles through Toronto traffic! That's an average speed of 20 mph. Brutal with the clock ticking.
Ouch! Mentally that really starts to wear you down....

Actually, he got through Toronto in less than an hour (normal), but was stopped earlier in Ajax for a while.... good thing he didn't leave that until any later. Had I known he was going to go past my house again (Burlington), I would have joined in for some more moral support. Temperatures are 88F right now, going to 100F (38C) later.

I was going to try and join him today but the Jimmy Buffet tailgate before the show stars at 3..

Tomorrow if me head ain't too big :blink: I'm going to try and find him.

Oh,

Bite me Don :p

tHATS WHAT i AM DOING... sitting!

I should have done the GLG BEFORE... Now I have to try it Fri/Sat

Taking off around 4 pm (Eastern)

Gas in Canada has been a real killer.

My streak of not getting pulled over is... well... OVER :angry2:

The flippin' wild life is getting me grumpy.

I got a hotel to catch up on sleep- hopefully a clear mind will

counter-balance this lack of GPS and getting stung/acid washed/eye

toasted by lack of a face shield. but I gotta try the GLG...

Its what I came here for. IF I can find gas at night in Canada

& can avoid bambi or Bullwinkle and if the weekend traffic

on the other side doesnt kill me- I may have a chance...

Thanks for the meet-ups! Duluth was a real spirit booster- cause

after I left there things went down real fast. :p

Bungie- you want to help me find gas in North Bay?

Since you still haven't found a face shield get a pair of wrap around safety glasses. You should be able to find some at a Home Depot/Lowes or a local hardware store you might even find a safety equipment store in the Yellow pages. If you want to spend some more money go to a Harley dealer they should have some small goggles/glasses that fit tight around the eyes but still might fit under a helmet. The GLG isn't worth an eye :huh:

Bungie- you want to help me find gas in North Bay?
I'm pretty sure your joking, but if not, stop at the McEwen at the intersection of 11 and 17 we stopped at on Sunday. I'm sure it's open 24/7. Otherwise, you have to go 'in town' for gas. It's stupid there, no gas 'on the hwy'

Since you still haven't found a face shield get a pair of wrap around safety glasses. You should be able to find some at a Home Depot/Lowes or a local hardware store you might even find a safety equipment store in the Yellow pages. If you want to spend some more money go to a Harley dealer they should have some small goggles/glasses that fit tight around the eyes but still might fit under a helmet. The GLG isn't worth an eye :huh:
Rick, I always carry a pair of the safety glasses you described. With

those and my pop down sun visor I am getting by. But the bugs always

seem to find a direct route in- and it stings... :angry2:

and so do they...

Last edited by a moderator: