Groo is on his way to Reno!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gasman

DOH!
Reaction score
Groo, AKA Dan, just flew thru here. Stopped long enough for a little spin up to Lake City for lunch grabbed a few zzzz's and then was on his way. Thanks for stopping by Dan, it was (in best Tony Tiger voice) Grrrrrrrrreat meeting you. Jerry and Barb

Danspics00033.jpg

The 3 of us on the way into Lake City with the San Juan mtns. in the background.

Hey, who cares about Groo? You didn't tell us you knew Donald Sutherland! :D

I just holed up in tonapah, nv....saw a couple of feejers on the road on the way here. One on 40 headed east and one going south on 95. Any one dropping by tonopah give me a shout. Best western hotel.

Thanks Jerry! Barb and your hospitality was second to none! I completely enjoyed myself at your place, and it was one of the highlights of my ride out to Reno! The trip to Lake City and back was fantastic, and your road suggestions were second to none!

Hope I can return the favor for you two some day...

Dan it was our pleasure to have you as our guest and you're welcome here anytime. That invite is to all FJRer's as well. Sounds like your whole trip was a great memory maker, one way or another. Trimmantom is currently here with us for a couple of days so we'll show him a few of the sites in the area. Seems he had an unlucky encounter with one of Kansas' finest and got a performance award that approaches the two hundred figure. Damn, thread jacked my own thread. Can you do that? JB :p

Well, as long as you jacked it.... :)

And for all those who doubt the value of a radar detector... I did 6200+ miles to/from Reno, and must've seen well over 3 dozen LEOs, many of whom were sitting/waiting to catch people exceeding the posted speed limits... and made it home with nary a pink, blue, green, or any other color performance award. The V1 performed as expected, and I can think of at least 6 sure fire tickets off the top of my head that it kept me from getting.

Dan it was our pleasure to have you as our guest and you're welcome here anytime. That invite is to all FJRer's as well. Sounds like your whole trip was a great memory maker, one way or another. Trimmantom is currently here with us for a couple of days so we'll show him a few of the sites in the area. Seems he had an unlucky encounter with one of Kansas' finest and got a performance award that approaches the two hundred figure. Damn, thread jacked my own thread. Can you do that? JB :p
My son is going to Fort Lewis College :)

More reasons to come to your neck of the woods

Orangevale, give me a shout whenever you're over this way. :clapping: JB

You won't regret it Andrew...or anyone else who has the luck to be in Pagosa Springs... Jerry and Barb are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet, and are a blast to follow down one of their favorite roads! And the roads they have nearby are amazing!

Last edited by a moderator: