• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Ground Spider overload harnesses

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just sent you a Paypal for a full set. Will add these to my list of Winter FJR projects.
Thanks. I'll ship them out Monday.
Received and installed as of this weekend. All went smoothly and harnesses were top notch quality. Actual Install took less time than removing and reinstalling tupperware. Also installed new headlight bulbs and horns while I had the scoot apart. ;)

Please add me to the list for 2 of each (2 light and 2 fan harness). Just pm me when you have them made and ready to ship and I'll send funds....

Thanks,

Richard

Well, as usual i'm very late to the party. Any chance you still have any harnesses. ( or are willing to make some more?)

Sweet! Payment sent!

Just want to thank you and the rest of the Forum members working of this fix. It seems no issue can go wrong with these bikes, without an in depth analysis and fix from you guys. It's really appreciated!!

Fellow Feejer owners

I just finished making up the rest of the harnesses I have in stock. I now have 7 complete sets made, and ready to ship. Just figured I'd have them ready in case anyone wants to do the install over the winter.

Ride safe;

Art

I've said it before and I am saying it again, you Gen II owners are gambling where you are going to break down. You are NOT gambling whether the spider will bite you, because it will. This is not a quality control issue, this is a design flaw. No hoping or wishing will fix it or prevent it from failing, and everyone has the same wiring harnesses with spiders. You need to install one of the harnesses offered by our excellent FJR brothers, Brodie and road runner. Or you can wait till it fails, like mine did 2,000 miles from home, 3 weeks after I inspected them. Or, you can wait for Yamaha to issue a tech bulletin or a recall...

My insurance paid for $1100 towing fees, Yamaha replaced the front and back harnesses under YES, and when I replaced the harnesses I installed road runner's harnesses at the same time.

Sorry about the late update.

The Roadrunner harness was easy and straight forward. Nice job!! With the plastics exposed, I checked the spiders I could reach easily. All of mine had a slight bit of corrosion on the top, But, no signs, ( yet ), of overload. Added a little electric grease to each and I was done. All in all, I spent about 2 hours to get it done. I spent a little time changing plugs and inspecting the engine, but, realistically one could do this job in about an hour. It seems that I have dodged another bullet. My ignition switch showed signs of a little heat when it was replaced for recall, so I just want to thank all of you "investigators" once again for keeping us on the road to reliability.

If anyone is the least bit concerned about being left on the roadside, I would definitely suggest getting Roadrunner's or Brodie's preventative harnesses. It's worth the piece of mind!

Fellow Feejer owners

I just finished making up the rest of the harnesses I have in stock. I now have 7 complete sets made, and ready to ship. Just figured I'd have them ready in case anyone wants to do the install over the winter.

Ride safe;

Art
Need to do this. Art, sent you an email but may as well ask here, is the cost still the same, $55 for the four harnesses for shipping in CONUS?

Fellow Feejer owners

Ride safe;

Art
Need to do this. Art, sent you an email but may as well ask here, is the cost still the same, $55 for the four harnesses for shipping in CONUS?
yes

Fellow Feejer owners

Ride safe;

Art
yes
:good: Thanks!

I would like a full set if you have one available. Please pm me your paypal if you have one...

Thanks!
After more thought and contemplation, I decided to go with Brodie's setup. I like the idea of getting rid of the spiders and bringing the ground back to the battery. I have no doubt that yours works great, just changed my mind...

Art,

Great product. The install took me a little over an hour (only because I'm slow). Your directions and picts where great. Thanks for finding a solution to this problem on our bikes.

God Bless,

Firebrother

Art,

Great product. The install took me a little over an hour (only because I'm slow). Your directions and picts where great. Thanks for finding a solution to this problem on our bikes.

God Bless,

Firebrother
A little over an hour seems pretty quick. Glad to hear it went well.

Ride safe

Art