Handlebar pressure point - grip problem?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good riding gloves have minimal seams in pressure areas (especially crook of the thumb) and these should be on the outside. Otherwise...yes, they will hurt.

I'm not a big grip guy. Installing grip buddies, etc. made my forearms ache something fierce. I was way better off with the smaller OEM grips. Then someone recommended these- smaller diameter & cushiony. Maybe they'll help you.

As I said, the BMW grips helped a lot. I'm replacing my cheap Olympia gloves with some nice Spidis. I went for a few rides with my old torn gen 1 cortech accelerators, and everything was much better. I can't buy the new version of that glove though; when they redesigned it they completely fucked up the sizes. Now a medium is too narrow in the knuckles yet still too LONG in the fingers; large only makes it worse.

I might try foam covers later, but for now I've found the source(s) of my problem. Thanks guys for being so patient with me!

fer some strange reason, I just never paid mucha tension to the grips...

BTW- Grab on's are available all over the web for under $9

grips_black_billet_flames_custom_motorcycle_harley_hot_blond_chick.jpg